Is The Fame Monster EP or Album?

JJ Monster

Is The Fame Monster an EP or 2nd Album?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. EP or 2nd Studio Album

• EP
    • 2nd Studio Album

The Fame Popster 371

Is The Fame Monster an EP or the second studio album? I just wanted to know what is your guys opinion. I basically know the answer. Because I can see how it can be an EP, because it has 8 songs that is 34 minutes length. And I can see how it can be the 2nd studio album, because Gaga has said it lots of times that it is a 2nd album and one time referred to Born This Way has the third studio album. And according to the leaked legal documents last year. That it said that Interscope considered The Fame Monster has 2nd studio album. So make sure to vote and make sure to comment below and explain if you want. 

• paws up 2

The Fame Popster 371
3 minutes ago, Twitter said:

Wikipedia and other sources refer to C2C as an album of her discography but not TFM because they think its just The Fame Volume 2. :icant:

If you ask me it goes:

SG1 - Red & Blue

LG1 - The Fame

LG2 - The Fame Monster

LG3 - Born This Way

LG4 - ARTPOP

LGTB - Cheek To Cheek

LG5 - Joanne

LGBC - A Star Is Born

LG6 - Chromatica

That makes sense 

• paws up 1

Deactivated 14,311
12 minutes ago, Twitter said:

Some people really think:

LG1 - The Fame

LG2 - Born This Way

LG3 - ARTPOP

LG4 - Cheek To Cheek

LG5 - Joanne

LG6 - Chromatica

Like C2C had a bigger moment than TFM. :icant:

Get Out Theatre GIF by Tony Awards

ME TO THEM!

• thanks 2

The Popster 177

It's her second studio album. When her legal documents leaked back in May of last year, The Fame Monster counted as one of her solo music projects and an album for her label contract.

Plus it had it's own tour, own set of videos, and own aesthetic. It's a separate era from The Fame, so I would count it as her second album.

It’s by under every reasonable definition an LP.

It has 8 songs and is over half an hour, that is LP territory. It’s also contractually her second album.

The thing is that at the time 15+ song albums were the norm so a short release like that seemed like an EP in comparison and got stuck like that. If it had come out in the seventies it would’ve been considered an LP because back then 9 song albums were common. Hell, if it came out right now it would be considered an LP. Artists are releasing 7 song albums that are  barely over 20 minutes and people call them “short albums” instead of EPs.

It’s all about marketing and sadly it was marketed wrongly at the time and people refuse to reevaluate its EP status.

ARTPOPster 1,319
6 hours ago, Twitter said:

SG1 - Red & Blue

LG1 - The Fame

LG2 - The Fame Monster

LG3 - Born This Way

LG4 - ARTPOP

C2C - Cheek To Cheek

LG5 - Joanne

LGBC - A Star Is Born

LG6 - Chromatica

Fixed 

I've always thought it to be an album. it has 8 tracks. I thought her label just did that to combine TF and TFM sales for higher sales of the same album? Did I get the wrong info

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,792

an album but it's basically an extension of The Fame