Halsey | The Thread

nynj nights

Popster to Popster 3,689

Snl Halsey GIF by Saturday Night Live

Let's celebrate, appreciate, and track the life and career of the one and only Ashley Nicolette Frangipane (aka Halsey)!

More than just her feature on the Chainsmokers, hit single, "Closer," Halsey has earned a #1 album on the Billboard 200 with Hopeless Fountain Kingdom (2017), as well as two #2 albums with Badlands (2015) and Manic (2020).

She earned a #1 single on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in the United States with "Without Me"; and has also attained a top-five single with "Bad at Love".

And who can't forget her cameo in A Star is Born and adoration for her idol :love:

Pictured-Mark-Ronson-Lady-Gaga-Beck-Halsey.jpg

screen-shot-2020-01-10-at-12-58-42-pm-1578679141.png

Let's give some love to the "Be Kind" singer and expecting mother!

• paws up 3
  • yaas, gaga 2

Pop-a-911-ster 28,951

A queen period!! one of the most interesting artists of the newer generation (even tho I feel like she's been round for to long to call her that on the other hand). My favourite thing about her is that I think she serves amazing lyrics while not forgetting the melodies and leaving that in a second place, like many artists who focus so much on that part do. Not a big fan of Badlands, if I'm honest, since I feel like the production is too monotone throughout the album and that didn't let many songs as much as they could have; but I love HFK and Manic.

My favourite songs of hers are

• yaas, gaga 1

Popster to Popster 3,689
5 hours ago, Andreu said:

A queen period!! one of the most interesting artists of the newer generation (even tho I feel like she's been round for to long to call her that on the other hand). My favourite thing about her is that I think she serves amazing lyrics while not forgetting the melodies and leaving that in a second place, like many artists who focus so much on that part do. Not a big fan of Badlands, if I'm honest, since I feel like the production is too monotone throughout the album and that didn't let many songs as much as they could have; but I love HFK and Manic.

Agreed! She is a social media/streaming era queen and I also love her for being a talented lyricist.  It does feel like she has been around for so long even though her "breakthrough" year as an artist was only 2015/2016. I also like "You Should be Sad." I need to check-out HFK further, so thanks for the recommendations. A few of my other favorites right now are:

• paws up 1

• 5 months later...