Laurieann Gibson talks Lady Gaga in new book

Dirkje

Moderator 6,288

Considering all that Gaga dealt with during the ARTPOP era in regards to her team I don’t doubt what Laurieann’s statements. She seemed really dedicated to Gaga and creating big moments for her. She’s great at what she does and I’d love if they collaborated again but it is what it is. 

• paws up 2

Deactivated 14,311
15 minutes ago, SLAG said:

Considering all that Gaga dealt with during the ARTPOP era in regards to her team I don’t doubt what Laurieann’s statements. She seemed really dedicated to Gaga and creating big moments for her. She’s great at what she does and I’d love if they collaborated again but it is what it is. 

It’s clear that Gaga has yessigans around her still. I hope they come back together and join forces again!

• paws up 1

The Fame Popster 485

From what I remember, they parted ways shortly after Y&I, and she was uncomfortable with the "blasphemy" in the Judas video smh. 

"Listen, I don't want lightning to strike me. I believe in the Gospel and I'm not going there." - Laurieann Gibson, 2011

• paws up 1

Pop visitors
40 minutes ago, Delusional said:

I don’t really understand what the term yes men means 

Basically someone who cant stand up for themselves and caves under pressure from those above them.

Example: Troy Carter and Gaga. Gaga would be a yes person.

Gaga herself has stated that she rarely would say no in the past. I can't remember when she said this but it was in 2019, pre chromatica.

Moderator 6,288
9 minutes ago, blastertoyo said:

She also did an interview with Wendy Williams today 

Interesting she mentions teaching everything up until “Joanne”,  though they’re relationship supposedly ended during BTW. Could she have been helping Richie with choreo bts? Also you can tell that she still really loves Gaga and I love that she doesn’t speak poorly of her. Laurieann is f*cking gorgeous btw. 

• paws up 1

Popster This Way 821

We knew that Gaga was surrounded by what we refer to as "Yes Men" although I do think given her specific issues and health, it's necessary. 

But I can't take anything Boomkack says seriously. Even before she got the axe, fans were pointing out that she seemed to be clamoring for the spotlight. She constantly took credit for everything. 

Although I still firmly believe she game up with the Bad Romance choreography, despite was Gaga and Richy say. 

Richy didn't make that sh!t. 

• paws up 1

ARTPOPster 1,319
44 minutes ago, Doot said:

Richy didn't make that sh!t. 

Speaking of richy tho, boomkack saying the Haus wanted her to focus on only Gaga and yet 

Richy also works with Jojo Siwa now and Gaga’s brand has nothing in common with her so like ????

• thanks 1

Popster This Way 821
1 hour ago, blastertoyo said:

Speaking of richy tho, boomkack saying the Haus wanted her to focus on only Gaga and yet 

Richy also works with Jojo Siwa now and Gaga’s brand has nothing in common with her so like ????

Exactly. 

Popster to Popster 3,889

If it's one thing that has put a hinder on her career it's that she has surrounded herself with yes men very early on. It will continue to be this way for the rest of her career.

Gaga now has her brand built around her friends, and I still do not think mixing friends with business is a smart career choice, but it's the only way she was going to continue to make music. I still don't think she is satisfied though, but that is a whole other story. 

• paws up 2

The Fame Popster 401

I know everyone's talking about how Gaga still surrounds herself with yes men but I think it's important to note Laurieann is talking about yes men who manufacture consent. Troy's M.O was indulging Gaga's mad genius while tightly controlling who had access to her (which is like the furthest thing from Bobby's M.O.). The fact that Laurieann isn't sure if Gaga actually fired her reminds me of Felicia being unable to get through to Britney.

Just a terrible situation all around. 

13 hours ago, blastertoyo said:

I don't think Gaga has ever cared about exclusivity. Artists are needy mfers but all the stories about O.G. haus members being let go for taking too much credit or taking on other projects reek of management exploiting creative differences to consolidate power. 

Edited by blue
  • thanks 1

Moderator 6,288
13 hours ago, blastertoyo said:

Tbf back then she was working with Nicki Minaj who was also a new artist, and a Kpop band among others. Right now music isn't Gaga's sole focus so I assume Richy has more time to work with other artists.