How Involved is Gaga with Haus Labs?

Tsunade

I was on YouTube and randomly a video popped up of a makeup artist reviewing the Stupid Love palette. Naturally, I dived into a sea of Haus Labs review videos (my first time doing so) and I had just noticed that a lot of them were...not so good.

One makeup artist discusses a bad experience at the launch, and many others share their opinion about how the products basically do not live up to the hype. On a positive note, I know that the brand is selling really well and beyond what was initially expected. I believe it was Top 5 on a most profitable list or something. But, the brand also seems like what I initially did not want to believe it was: a cash grab.

Gaga is known to the public as a groundbreaking, unexpected and creative artist. I think Haus Labs puts out lukewarm/safe products. When I think groundbreaking, I recall the Fame perfume and how Gaga was so creatively dedicated to its launch. However, I also recall us finding out that Gaga wanted nothing to do with selling perfumes. So when we have a brand like Haus Labs which is being peddled to us as a brand where Gaga has a lot of input and control, it seems a bit odd that it would be lacking in so many areas.

I'm just curious because from the brand being sold on Amazon exclusively, to the lukewarm products and lack of creativity it reads more as an afterthought or like one of her recent numerous sponsorships/partnerships...and even some of those gave us more life (hey Dom Perignon). My opinion is that the brand could use an extreme revamp involving formula/packaging/promo and so on. And from the perspective of not only myself as an individual who loves getting dolled up but also as a Gaga fan, nothing Haus Labs put out (besides that fabulous eyeliner) has made me want to invest my coins in their products. It's a shame because I feel like there is so much potential with Gaga and makeup. She doesn't have to launch a million products all at once, but it didn't have to be presented to us as an afterthought.

spacer.png

• paws up 2

Pop-a-911-ster 39,321
6 minutes ago, donatellab said:

I use their products on a daily basis and I’m very happy so far

I smell some conflict of interest here, Miss Barah Tanno

• lol 1

Kindness Admin 6,944

I don't use cosmetics and certainly haven't used Haus. That said I think Gaga is both very invested in this product/brand, but also constrained by the realities of the industry. As involved and as much as I assume Gaga cares, the fact is that they're not going to hire scientists or invest in the research and production line necessary to create things that are wholly new. So when it comes to the products themselves, they're coming from the same companies producing most other products. She can be super involved in the color palettes, the style of cosmetics and what they focus on putting out first. But they're relying on their partners.

As for packaging, I think that's just cost savings, unfortunately. I'm sure everyone involved thinks they look good and align with the aesthetic they want even if they feel cheap.

• paws up 1

Popstanne 5,076
3 hours ago, Paradise is in my hands said:

I love my glam attacks. It’s what I wear 95% of the tIme.

I also love my Glam Attacks. The only one I don't care for is the blue one, because it's not very pigmented and it doesn't stick. It looks terrible unless you apply blue eyeshadow underneath it. But I love the rest of the Glam Attacks, and the glosses and eyeliners are fabulous as well. 

I don't think HL's eyeshadows are that great though. They're fine, but I prefer MAC. 

• paws up 2

2 hours ago, admin said:

I don't use cosmetics and certainly haven't used Haus. That said I think Gaga is both very invested in this product/brand, but also constrained by the realities of the industry. As involved and as much as I assume Gaga cares, the fact is that they're not going to hire scientists or invest in the research and production line necessary to create things that are wholly new. So when it comes to the products themselves, they're coming from the same companies producing most other products. She can be super involved in the color palettes, the style of cosmetics and what they focus on putting out first. But they're relying on their partners.

As for packaging, I think that's just cost savings, unfortunately. I'm sure everyone involved thinks they look good and align with the aesthetic they want even if they feel cheap.

The thing is, many of the reviews said that the quality was not good. There were issues with blending and pigment. The products don't have to be superb, but at least decent. This is why I say it feels rushed or like an afterthought, it seems like they just wanted to pump out quick and easy products without actually putting in the work. That doesn't sound like Gaga when everyone who works with her raves on and on about how much of a detail-oriented perfectionist she is.

Personally, I think there's no excuse for mediocrity when people are spending money. This is especially applicable when you factor in the die-hard fans who want to support Gaga and the brand. The Dom Perignon partnership screams opulence but ironically that is also evident when you look at the price tag.

Edited by Tsunade

The Fame Popster 319
1 hour ago, Franch Toast said:

I also love my Glam Attacks. The only one I don't care for is the blue one, because it's not very pigmented and it doesn't stick. It looks terrible unless you apply blue eyeshadow underneath it. But I love the rest of the Glam Attacks, and the glosses and eyeliners are fabulous as well. 

I don't think HL's eyeshadows are that great though. They're fine, but I prefer MAC. 

Yeah I wear the blue one with the light blue eyeliner blended out on the lid underneath it, I always get compliments when I wear it so Haus Labs must be doing something right lol

• yaas, gaga 1