Dawn of Chromatica Out Now

justhislife

So far, I think I might be liking the remix a bit more the OG album 😭 Alice's intro hooked me a lot and was just sexy and Stupid Love's beat drop tried to murder me. I'll just update my response as I listen for my opinion. 

Update: I'm too tired to listen to all the tracks in depth but the beats really did that for essentially every song. The one song I still don't like is Free Woman. Never liked Alice more, Stupid Love's beat drop really did that, Rain on Me was sort of bland, 911 went hard, I love Ashnikko and her rap is a serve, Sour Candy was nice, Enigma was a bit annoying (although very clubby), Replay continues its reign as my favorite song from the album(s), Sine is a mess, 1000 is repetitive (and my only skip), the Breemix is a little more clubby. I think a lot of y'all will be disappointed by HL Babylon cause it's essentially a step above demo (though I personally enjoyed it). 

Spoiler

Disregard

Edited by justhislife
  • yaas, gaga 3

Pop-a-911-ster 38,525
On 9/2/2021 at 1:28 PM, justhislife said:

So far, I think I might be liking the remix a bit more the OG album 😭 Alice's intro hooked me a lot and was just sexy and Stupid Love's beat drop tried to murder me. I'll just update my response as I listen for my opinion. 

Update: I'm too tired to listen to all the tracks in depth but the beats really did that for essentially every song. The one song I still don't like is Free Woman. Never liked Alice more, Stupid Love's beat drop really did that, Rain on Me was sort of bland, 911 went hard, I love Ashnikko and her rap is a serve, Sour Candy was nice, Enigma was a bit annoying (although very clubby), Replay continues its reign as my favorite song from the album(s), Sine is a mess, 1000 is repetitive (and my only skip), the Breemix is a little more clubby. I think a lot of y'all will be disappointed by HL Babylon cause it's essentially a step above demo (though I personally enjoyed it). 

Reveal hidden contents

Disregard

this is in line with everyone else is saying except for free woman since everyone's hyping it up to the high heavens 

On 9/2/2021 at 8:09 AM, ChromaticaOreos said:

this is in line with everyone else is saying except for free woman since everyone's hyping it up to the high heavens 

People seemed to like Free Woman (2020) so I imagine they also like the remix

Pop-a-911-ster 38,525
On 9/2/2021 at 2:19 PM, Mary Jane Holland said:

The Free Woman remix is so good.
Everyone on Twitter is slandering Babylon haus lab now, the first part is fine but the last part :cupcake:

this was so predictable 

the og version is one of the best tracks on Chromatica, I never really wanted another version tbh

• paws up 2

Pop-a-911-ster 27,898

Anyway (from the previews):

• Alice: sounds promising idk why yall were hating it, but i need to listen to the whole thing to decide id i like it or not.
  • Stupid Love: Better than I expected.
  • ROM: A mess as I expected with Arca, wht mételo sácalo sample :rip:serving the blessed madonna memes
  • Free Woman: Rina sound beautiful a always, but I don't like what they added to the production during the verses. The original production was too tame and kinda dry but this was also not it imo.
  • Fun tonight: Production wise, I'm pretty sure I'll like it more than the original.  Pabllo's vocals are OK.
  • 911: The drop with the my bigget enemy chorus blew me away :giveup:
  • Plastic Doll: the new production enhances the song, even though some added sounds might be annoying.
  • SC: Sounds incredible tbh, the quirky sinth :darkmode:
  • Enigma: A regular dance remix which is not bad, but nothing surprising.
  • REplay: The drop sounds incredible (did dorian produce this or only sing?) I could have done without his vocals tho.
  • SFA: The dubsteb part sounds incredible, but we know there is sstilla Hardcore drop to ruin it and potentitally one of the guys singing :awkney:
  • 1000 Doves: I don't hate it but from the preview it doesn't seem like it's going anywhere. However, the track being so long still leaves room for that.
  • Babylon bree: the production of the part on the snippet lowkey sounds like the original but cheaper, her rap slays as expected.
  • Babylon HL: I imagined certain parts of the instrumental matching certain parts of the vocals, so it sounds weird for me and I'll have to get used to it. But i'm sure I'll end up lowing it.
  • paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 38,525

I feel like Fun Tonight might sound strange for those who aren't used to Brazilian music 

It's like if you've never heard a rap song in your life and then you go like "omg why are they talking instead of singing" (not exactly the same thing) or at least that's how I'm interpreting people's reactions, since it sounds so good to me from the snippets 

• paws up 1

The Popster 162

This is better than the OG album. The few ones I'm not a fan of is Alice, 1000 Doves and Babylon HL, which is a shame haha. Everything else is way better than their original counterpart.
I'm living for Doss' remix, while probably not better than their original mixes, I still think she pulled through hard and it makes me so happy seeing her on an album with Lady Gaga, it's so cute.
Arca isn't for everyone so I see her take on ROM most likely to be the most polarizing, but I love her music so this fits right into what I like to hear. Sampling the two best songs on KiCk i is so funny to me idk why.
I did not expect Coucou Chloe that is so left field, but her remix is so weird and interesting, it's great.
Sine From Above is like a song with a few different acts, so each act is sonically different to keep things fresh, and GOD that outro is so much better than the originals. It rivals Bjork's Crystalline honestly.
Rina, Charli, Ashnikko, Dorian and Bree absolutely served on their collaborated parts, like oh my god. These are so good, for sure the most jammable parts. I love their sounds, and it makes me hopeful Gaga takes cues from their producers in the future, and brings more people into their music. Shygirl on Sour Candy was probably the best thing about the song, and while I'm a little sad Gaga's verse got axed, she makes up for it with a way more interesting take of the entire song. Slime slaps please check it out. Fun Tonight is fun, I really like the instrumental on it, but I wish they kept the first verse. Otherwise, it's really cute.

• paws up 1