Present and future of the site - I want your feedback, mostly

admin

Kindness Admin 6,892

Hey popsters.

I've been pretty distant from the site over the past year and I'm sorry about that. Between life events and the "post-covid" world I've just had less time for the the site.

That said, I would like to be more present and help devlop a new version of the site that everyone will enjoy and might attract some new blood to the forum.

We really only have one active mod at the moment, @Daddy. Please be respectful to him as he's taken on an insane amount of responsibility for the site in this past year while juggling a ton of work in his personal life. There is no space for being rude to others and especially to team members who try to make the site better for everyone.

Two things I'd like to work on over the next few weeks and then months:

1. New mods and a re-look at our policies. If anyone wants to be a mod, please let me know. I know at least one person who wants to help out.
  2. Redesign. Remember when that was to launch a year ago? Whoops. It is half done, but I'm going to get back to it and make some new changes depending on what people are looking for. This is a holiday-time release with my current schedule.

But most importantly, what are you wanting from the site? We utilize only a few threads at the moment, do you like that? Are there types of threads, posts or content you'd like to see more of? What would make you want to start new threads more often? What would you like to see on the homepage when you arrive? Should we highlight charts and user-insights outside of the charts thread?

Sound off (but be nice) and let me know what you want, want you don't want and what you had for breakfast.

:gaga-thanks:

• paws up 1
  • hugs 1

• admin featured and pinned this topic
On 9/20/2022 at 4:07 PM, admin said:

But most importantly, what are you wanting from the site? We utilize only a few threads at the moment, do you like that? Are there types of threads, posts or content you'd like to see more of? What would make you want to start new threads more often? What would you like to see on the homepage when you arrive?

I think this is largely because the core group of users are chartsters. Do we want to actively expand our userbase? Is it within the capacity of the server(s) or within your finances @admin?

Pop-a-911-ster 38,798
On 9/20/2022 at 8:57 PM, HoldMyOreos said:

I'd like to see more topics discussing Gaga's art and career outside of charts, but that's up to the users I guess. 

For that to happen, I think mods will have to really enforce charts-only posts for the charts thread :icant:

Kindness Admin 6,892
On 9/20/2022 at 3:58 PM, BenG said:

For that to happen, I think mods will have to really enforce charts-only posts for the charts thread :icant:

Can you imagine :gunga:

• lol 1

Kindness Admin 6,892
On 9/22/2022 at 3:06 AM, DonnieDarko said:

I just want to thank @Daddy for doing his job so amazingly and being the last one standing. I feel like he’s underappreciated. So thank you. You’re a pro. Always. 

I would like to repeat this x1000. @Daddy handles about 95% of all the work on this site from a modding perspective and he's always gracious and kind. He works hard, tries to be fair to everyone and very reluctantly grabs me when he needs (although you can ALWAYS ping me and should never hesistate).

Thank you so much for holding this site together with your bare hands for so long :crowned:

• paws up 5

Kindness Admin 6,892
On 9/20/2022 at 3:24 PM, Dean Farmchester said:

I think this is largely because the core group of users are chartsters. Do we want to actively expand our userbase? Is it within the capacity of the server(s) or within your finances @admin?

We'd have to substantially increase before it changed the cost of the site, haha.

• lol 2

The Popster 46

As far as what I'd personally want to see, it would involve:

Focus on the site's strengths -- the charts and music discussion. It's not just Lady Gaga anymore, it's pop charts in general.

I can talk to @Sara about potentially backing the site up if you haven't thought about it. Or perhaps make a backup just in case. 
How much does it cost to keep this site up each month?

• paws up 1