The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

The Fame Popster 359
On 5/8/2023 at 11:12 PM, BloodyOreo said:

about Gaga

No LG7 in 2023 then....so neither in 2024 because of Joker.... so in 2025 then....DAMM 5 years between albums.....I really hope it won't kill her musical career (as happened with Katy for waiting 5 years to release Witness). 

And NO, don't expect seeing Joker's success translate into her music, since a film and an album doesn't necessary relate (except if it's a musical such as ASIB).

• love 1

On 5/9/2023 at 10:00 AM, Andraslop said:

No LG7 in 2023 then....so neither in 2024 because of Joker.... so in 2025 then....DAMM 5 years between albums.....I really hope it won't kill her musical career (as happened with Katy for waiting 5 years to release Witness). 

And NO, don't expect seeing Joker's success translate into her music, since a film and an album doesn't necessary relate (except if it's a musical such as ASIB).

We will never get another pop album. I don't see her doing a pop album in her 40s. 

• sad 1
  • lol 1

A Popster Is Born 11,873
On 5/9/2023 at 7:36 AM, OliverDespechao said:

Sunday update :bebe:

BR Back to tanking... it does this whenever she is not active, i think it depends more on HER as it's her 'signature' PF and JD come in hard from tiktok and the trend change. It needs a strong tiktok moment. not out streaming toxic is the worst lol

On 5/9/2023 at 8:16 AM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

We will never get another pop album. I don't see her doing a pop album in her 40s. 

i think she'll do it but idk if it will be msuic the gays like another time round. hopefully 2024? :bebe:

Pop-a-911-ster 20,977

the fact that we most probably won’t get any new music/album in the upcoming years is so sad :bradley:

i miss the anticipation of new music, the excitement of announcements and reading stupid rumours :bradley:

i miss staying up until midnight to listen to Chromatica even though i had to wake up like super early next morning :bradley:

Edited by boobatella
  • paws up 1
  • hugs 4
  • thanks 3

On 5/9/2023 at 9:28 AM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

i think she'll do it but idk if it will be msuic the gays like another time round. hopefully 2024? :bebe:

You were all saying this after Joanne / ASIB and she literally released a dance pop anthem album right after while everyone thought songs like Alice were going to be an emotional ballad and the Elton collab a powerful ballad :enigma:

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 38,837
On 5/8/2023 at 9:59 PM, BloodyOreo said:

People know Flowers is from Miley and it didnt bring much attention to her album either though

the read :icant:

• lol 1

A Popster Is Born 11,873
On 5/9/2023 at 8:53 AM, monketsharona said:

You were all saying this after Joanne / ASIB and she literally released a dance pop anthem album right after while everyone thought songs like Alice were going to be an emotional ballad and the Elton collab a powerful ballad :enigma:

personally i knew a dance album was coming because she'd done jaonne-asib so it was time to freshen it up. She was also in the right commercial position post-ASIB to do something like Chroma, despite it being before a trend not part of it. She had all this hype.Now unless she waits til Joker, i actually can't see another album in that vein that can mask the horrid longevity with a strong first month. 

Altho, as i say we cant predict her. she just did HMH so i don't know if she will jump around again

Moderator 16,451
On 5/9/2023 at 10:31 AM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

And ESV is doing fine for someone who's 16 years into her career. Flowers is still pretty high on streaming platforms, so it will have a cute Bangerz-like chart run in the U.S. 

ESV is doing worse than Plastic Heart. ESV will never reach 3x Platinum like Bangerz did, and at this point it'll not even reach the 34 weeks on the US charts.

It's funny how Chromatica is a flop despite doing better but ESV is doing cute numbers and is a success :icant:

• thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 38,837
On 5/9/2023 at 9:38 AM, corvus albus said:

It's funny how Chromatica is a flop despite doing better but ESV is doing cute numbers and is a success :icant:

Because Fad is not 16 years into her career!

• lol 1

A Popster Is Born 11,873
On 5/9/2023 at 9:27 AM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

No one expected this album to smash. 

Flowers's success took a toll on your mental health.  

(Madonna/Britney stans in 2009 when Gaga was #1 for 9 weeks in Germany with PF teas :billie:)
There's not doing well, and then theres a  a smile sized bomb. Flowers catfished the GP. It's way too homosexual'd with cheap production 

In fact I think Angles Like You out-streams the entire album without flowers. ARUTW chromatica teas :delulu_bird:

Pop-a-911-ster 38,837
On 5/9/2023 at 9:42 AM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

(Madonna/Britney stans in 2009 when Gaga was #1 for 9 weeks in Germany with PF teas :billie:)

Poor hog

ARTPOPster 1,634
On 5/9/2023 at 4:46 AM, BloodyOreo said:

I think Gaga could definitely release an album early next year and not wait until after J:FAD. She has plenty of time. 

I really hope she does this 

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 11,873
On 5/9/2023 at 9:53 AM, BenG said:

Poor hog

...was snubbed at Oscars! poor Jlo

168158051788007446.thumb.jpeg.4b02644aaf1c639a7b5b4c1e59518b71.jpeg

Gaga's top 10 most playlisted tracks on Spotify rn according to songstats:
1). Bad Romance - 80m (the tanking as well get it together!)
2). Shallow - 71.5m 
3). Poker Face - 56.3m
4). Rain On Me - 55.9m
5). Just Dance - 55.5m
6). Bloody Mary - 38.2m
7). Million Reasons - 29.2m
8). Born This Way - 26m
9). Telephone - 22.4m
10). ARUTW 22.1m

I expect her streams esp BTW/ROM/PF/JD to boost in May-June for pride. We already saw this change happen, ROM has been gaining a lot from Wednesday before that paparazzi was outstreaming it

• lol 1