The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

Pop-a-911-ster 26,858

Oh GODGA is BM the new ARUTW in your career?

A fanmade video of BM is approaching 200M views and the total is exceeded 1B views

400M streams this summer, 700M in 2024 and 1B in 2025 with the boost of Joker 2!

Another song from you treated like sh!t by your amazing and professional team in the basket!

Oh GODGA your kindness for the other girls is exceptional! 

spacer.png

Edited by Miaou
  • paws up 1
  • lol 1

On 5/9/2023 at 11:38 AM, corvus albus said:

ESV is doing worse than Plastic Heart. ESV will never reach 3x Platinum like Bangerz did, and at this point it'll not even reach the 34 weeks on the US charts.

It's funny how Chromatica is a flop despite doing better but ESV is doing cute numbers and is a success :icant:

It is doing on par with Plastic Hearts, but Plastic Hearts had huge promo (she was doing tons of interviews and performances during that era). She didn't lift a finger to promote ESV (except for that Disney special during the release week).      

Chromatica did pretty well, but it failed to produce any huge hits in the U.S. SL was a flop, and ROM is one of the weakest #1 singles of all time.      

A Popster Is Born 17,283

No matter what kind of music she will release, she won’t have this huge longevity or success some of us are wanting her to have. Unless something goes viral or will be attached to another huge project, her music will be just as successful as basically all of her releases ever since 2013 (minus ASIB for those reasons). It’s better to stop expecting her to smash and have longevity and instead appreciate her still being active and releasing music. 

Edited by DonnieDarko
  • thanks 1

Moderator 16,451
On 5/9/2023 at 11:17 AM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

It is doing on par with Plastic Hearts, but Plastic Hearts had huge promo (she was doing tons of interviews and performances during that era). She didn't lift a finger to promote ESV (except for that Disney special during the release week).      

Chromatica did pretty well, but it failed to produce any huge hits in the U.S. SL was a flop, and ROM is one of the weakest #1 singles of all time.      

The five weakest female #1s are:

#1 Trollz

#2 Cardigan

#3 Stuck With U

#4 All Too Well (Taylor's version)

#5 Willow

I guess Ariana dragged ROM down :icant:

• lol 1

On 5/9/2023 at 12:25 PM, corvus albus said:

The five weakest female #1s are:

#1 Trollz

#2 Cardigan

#3 Stuck With U

#4 All Too Well (Taylor's version)

#5 Willow

I guess Ariana dragged ROM down :icant:

ROM is in the seventh place. It is even above Hold It Against Me, which I find surprising.    

Fu-wy1DaAAERQXl?format=png&name=4096x409

Popstanne 6,642
On 5/9/2023 at 11:31 AM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

ROM is in the seventh place. It is even above Hold It Against Me, which I find surprising.    

Fu-wy1DaAAERQXl?format=png&name=4096x409

I haven’t figured out yet why Shallow is there with all those weeks on the chart… 

Does it really look weaker than a song which only spent 11 weeks on the chart with this methodology? :dead:

On 5/9/2023 at 12:38 PM, Thrasher said:

I haven’t figured out yet why Shallow is there with all those weeks on the chart… 

Does it really look weaker than a song which only spent 11 weeks on the chart with this methodology? :dead:

It spent only six weeks in the top 10. Unfortunately, its US chart run was really underwhelming (compared to how absolutely massive it was in Europe).  

• sad 1

Popstanne 6,642
On 5/9/2023 at 11:42 AM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

It spent only six weeks in the top 10. Unfortunately, its US chart run was really underwhelming (compared to how absolutely massive it was in Europe).  

Seven weeks.

Yeah but still, it charted on the Hot 100 for almost a year and it’s approaching Diamond, so I would already consider it bigger than songs which barely charted for 20 weeks (even if they had more weeks in the Top 10). This methodology seems kinda flawed. 

• thanks 2

A Popster Is Born 11,873
On 5/9/2023 at 10:18 AM, DonnieDarko said:

No matter what kind of music she will release, she won’t have this huge longevity or success some of us are wanting her to have.

But she has proven she can have longevity, the problem is lately she either gets high peaks and bad longevity (SL/ROM) or they have flop chartruns but then pull good streams later on. MR is a great example of this, ARUTW Low-key and it feels like hand is going the same way.
so its like shes not having one or the other :toofunny:

With Chroma yeah it was always going to struggle longevity, but i don't feel like its fair to say any album form now she will put out will  only perform 3-4 weeks top 10 cause there's signs she can combat that.

Gaga getting an album doing 54 weeks on BB200  and spending longer than a month top 10 would be more than fine, and that really isn't asking for too much. 

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • hugs 1

On 5/9/2023 at 12:48 PM, Thrasher said:

Seven weeks.

Yeah but still, it charted on the Hot 100 for almost a year and it’s approaching Diamond, so I would already consider it bigger than songs which barely charted for 20 weeks (even if they had more weeks in the Top 10). This methodology seems kinda flawed. 

Hot 100 points only indicate how successful the song was during its chart run. Shallow has had amazing longevity, but it flopped on the radio, which is why its was charting relatively low during most of its chart run. Since radio is the most stagnant metric, it is key to maintaining longevity on the Hot 100, and Shallow only peaked at #10 on U.S. radio.   

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,798
On 5/9/2023 at 9:00 AM, Andraslop said:

No LG7 in 2023 then....so neither in 2024 because of Joker.... so in 2025 then....DAMM 5 years between albums.....I really hope it won't kill her musical career (as happened with Katy for waiting 5 years to release Witness). 

And NO, don't expect seeing Joker's success translate into her music, since a film and an album doesn't necessary relate (except if it's a musical such as ASIB).

:bradley: yeah, that's sad 

• sad 1

Popster to Popster 3,798
On 5/9/2023 at 10:32 AM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

:billie:

Definition of Mainstream garbage 

The Fame Popster 324
On 5/9/2023 at 10:46 AM, BloodyOreo said:

I think Gaga could definitely release an album early next year and not wait until after J:FAD. She has plenty of time. 

I also think #LG7 is coming early 2024, like the original date of Chromatica 

• paws up 1
  • love 1

Popster to Popster 3,798
On 5/9/2023 at 12:10 PM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

Definition of garbage. 

Is Stinki Garbaj & Kim Pe-trash. Yeah and their Song Is 🚮🗑️