A Popster Is Born 14,834

Also, just heard Fortnight

what in the Lana Del Rey is That? :icant:

The blatant ripping off since folkbore?

Edited by FRANZGA
  • lol 1

A Popster Is Born 14,834
On 4/26/2024 at 9:09 PM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

I don't get Expresso's success to be honest.

It's so generic.. same with i like the way you kiss me :icant:... is it because of tiktok??

At least Lose Control, Beautiful Things, End of Beginning are great songs :applause:

Pop-a-911-ster 54,650
On 4/26/2024 at 5:36 PM, Miaou said:

497M streams for BM on Spotify 

600M for Halloween 

700M in 2025

:katy:

Remember when we estimated 800M by end of 2023 and 1B early 2024?

spacer.png

• lol 7

Pop-a-911-ster 26,883
On 4/26/2024 at 6:22 PM, Fame Romance said:

Remember when we estimated 800M by end of 2023 and 1B early 2024?

spacer.png

I blame the lack of HUMILITY

spacer.png

• thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 38,960
On 4/26/2024 at 3:57 PM, Moonlight Shadow said:

Longevity jumped out for Carter Cowboy

This is another instance that shows me early signs are crucial, so we should pay attention and adjust our expectations next era accordingly. Of course things can go unexpectedly but as a rule of thumb: if an album falls hard on the weekend and then struggles to rise througout it's first week, no matter how impressive it's debut numbers were, it's probably not going to last long.

Eternal Sunshine barely dropped and then iirc rised everyday during it's first week. Not surprisingly it already overtook CC despite coming out earlier and having a comparable debut (adjusting to number of tracks). 

CC's early signs were awfull, not even rising on a monday or a friday during it's first week, after having a considerable fall during the weekend. Unless something unexpectedly catches on I think this album will keep nosediving. 

PTSD is falling during every weekday expect for monday, let's see how it does on tomorrow's update. I think the debut was so massive however that the same rules might not quite apply in this case. I hope they do though, the album is laughably bad it's kinda painfull to see it succeed - reminds me of when everything Ed Sheeran or Drake released smashed, dark times. 

This also shows that good music =/= streaming success. Cowboy Carter is by far the best reviewed album of these three and yet it's doing the worse on streaming based on early signs. I'd like for Gaga to have an album that enjoys a lot more longevity than Chromatica, but as I've said here before I think an album with universal acclaim (or close to that) would do a lot more for her legacy. 

Edited by SweetOreosOfHeaven
  • paws up 2

ARTPOPster 1,415
On 4/26/2024 at 3:37 PM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

"White European gays" have enough taste and self-respect not to listen to this garbage written by writing camps full of straight white men:  

Eat it, eat it, eat it, eat it, eat it
Mm, yummy, yummy, yum, make the bummy heated
Make a pretty girl talk that shitty
Whiskey 'til I'm tipsy, glitter on my kitty (Ooh)
Cool it down, down, down, my pretty
Bad, bad b*chy make the bad b*ch glitchy

COTDF was #2 on Europe's overall year-end album chart in 2006.

Ray of Light: 21.5M CSPC

COTDF: 13.6M CSPC.      

Madonna had universal critical acclaim before poptimism and SALES with "euro dance beats for white gays". Beyonce could only dream about her level of success in the 40s.   

Professional ratings
Review scores
Source Rating
AllMusic 11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_half.svg.png[13]
Chicago Tribune 11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_half.svg.png[70]
Encyclopedia of Popular Music 11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_full.svg.png[71]
Entertainment Weekly A−[72]
The Guardian 11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_empty.svg.png[73]
NME 8/10[74]
Pitchfork 8.1/10[75]
Rolling Stone 11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_empty.svg.png[76]
Slant Magazine 11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_empty.svg.png[21]
USA Today 11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_full.svg.png[77]

Beyoncé is a better artist COPE+ no one is reading that 

• paws up 1

ARTPOPster 1,415
On 4/26/2024 at 4:23 PM, Fame Romance said:

Really strange how Taylor’s catalogue streams are “flopping” for her standards 

Midnights went from 10M to 5M daily streams 

Lover from 13M to 8M

Her non-Tortured Department discography from 70M to 50M

Usually her new releases boost her catalogue

I think its umg removal from TikTok impact although her catalog is back now so lets see 

Her albums have fell by 10 spots since the ban e.g folklore from top 20 to top 30 

midnights leaving top 10, 1989 falling

Eternal sunshine is also leaving top 10 in just 5 weeks which is strange bc even positions did 17 weeks inside top 10 but positions songs instantly caught attention on TikTok like title track, motive, pov etc meanwhile es sounds are getting banned.

Tiktok has such a huge impact on music atm. I hope they ban it so THAT traditional rollout returns where singers had to do live performances to promote the songs

On 4/26/2024 at 9:36 PM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

This is another instance that shows me early signs are crucial, so we should pay attention and adjust our expectations next era accordingly. Of course things can go unexpectedly but as a rule of thumb: if an album falls hard on the weekend and then struggles to rise througout it's first week, no matter how impressive it's debut numbers were, it's probably not going to last long.

Eternal Sunshine barely dropped and then iirc rised everyday during it's first week. Not surprisingly it already overtook CC despite coming out earlier and having a comparable debut (adjusting to number of tracks). 

CC's early signs were awfull, not even rising on a monday or a friday during it's first week, after having a considerable fall during the weekend. Unless something unexpectedly catches on I think this album will keep nosediving. 

PTSD is falling during every weekday expect for monday, let's see how it does on tomorrow's update. I think the debut was so massive however that the same rules might not quite apply in this case. I hope they do though, the album is laughably bad it's kinda painfull to see it succeed - reminds me of when everything Ed Sheeran or Drake released smashed, dark times. 

This also shows that good music =/= streaming success. Cowboy Carter is by far the best reviewed album of these three and yet it's doing the worse on streaming based on early signs. I'd like for Gaga to have an album that enjoys a lot more longevity than Chromatica, but as I've said here before I think an album with universal acclaim (or close to that) would do a lot more for her legacy. 

Gaga's only chance to have a successful era is to pivot to the ASIB sound. 

• PanPikus changed the title to The Journey Continues - Chromatica Ball on MAX- Charts Discussion Thread