Unpopular opinions - Gaga Music Videos

PerfectGUY

Popster This Way 519

Hey guys! 

I haven't seen this thread yet 

First, I made a video about my favorite Gaga videos, it would mean the world to me if you watch it and like it to help a fellow monster :sweat::sweat:

Here are some unpopular opinions :

- Perfect Illusion is one of Gaga's best videos. It's so pumping, it feels like you're inside the video. The image quality is top notch, and Gaga's energy in it is breathtaking. Could've been way more I agree but it's so well done

- Million Reasons (and Perfect Illusion), despite being a bit cheap, have some of the deepest meanings in Gaga's videography and I have written multiple pages of theories about them. They're way more interesting and telling about Gaga that one could think

- Stupid Love is very fun and the dance routine is camp but PERFECTLY camp

- I love You & I's cinematography but I feel like there's something missing but I can't quite pinpoint what. I just don't connect with it and it bugs me because I love the song

- Rain On Me has a lot of hidden meanings with the dual parallel worlds and how women in music evolve separated from each other when in truth they could help each other out and dance through the pain and traumas of touring (Gaga's knife in her hip, Ari's bee wings)

- 911 is one of my favorite videos and I love all the Easter eggs + the deeper meanings about Chromatica and the connection between physical and mental health BUT I can't wrap my head around what the video could've been if it was high budget - VFX heavy with a futuristic/metallic feel and where Gaga would battle her past selves with iconic outfits she wore and bring all her past personas to life

Edited by PerfectGUY

A Popster Is Born 12,045
2 minutes ago, PerfectGUY said:

VFX heavy with a futuristic/metallic feel and where Gaga would battle her past selves with iconic outfits she wore and bring all her past personas to life

Wouldn’t that be the obvious choice though? Also Taylor already did that.

• paws up 1

Popster This Way 519
2 minutes ago, Daphne Guinness said:

Wouldn’t that be the obvious choice though? Also Taylor already did that.

I agree 

It would have been very predictable and I know that Gaga always does the unexpected but... it would have still been sooo epic

she could've put some kind of twist around it to make it deeper, like she always does

Perfect Illusion is a great video, it's just fashion wise that it was extremely bland which is what I think fans did not receive so well. I think had she at least gone fashion forward with the lead single the Joanne era wouldn't have received so much backlash.

Stupid Love would have done better as a promo single dropped around the time it leaked, especially with the video. I also loved Gaga's pink tribe but all the tribes and different colors dancing together looked extremely cheap. The outfits were not it.

911 is one of the best videos she ever put out: in terms of fashion, actual song (and transition), storyline and set. My only minor critique is the last zoom out shot which I didn't think was necessary. It looked like a cheap set and I feel like it took away from the high-budget feeling of the video.

The first part of the GUY video looks like one of those really good fan made videos. While the second half is fabulous, the only saving grace of the first half is the stunning set and fashion.

• paws up 1

ARTPOPster 1,331

Perfect illusion video is BAD!

Million Reasons video matches the song and is great! 

John Wayne video feels so out of place and looks like a parody of her own work.

Joanne (WDYTYG) video is pleasing to the eyes and finest of the era.

• paws up 1

Perfect Illusion is one of her best videos! It perfectly fits the emotion of the song. It's nothing extravagant and the outfits are very basic, which is all done on purpose! It's supposed to be focused on the pain that Gaga is feeling right now. The shaky camera, the crazed dancing, the rave, it all fits perfectly. 

Bad Romance is an incredible video, but IMHO, it's not her best video. I think fans overhype it, kinda like they do with the song. 

911 is one of the most artistic things Gaga has ever done in her career, it'll go down as one of her greatest videos. 

• paws up 1

Popster This Way 519
9 hours ago, Tsunade said:

Stupid Love would have done better as a promo single dropped around the time it leaked, especially with the video. I also loved Gaga's pink tribe but all the tribes and different colors dancing together looked extremely cheap. The outfits were not it.

while I love the video, this is so true : all of it screams promo single ! it could've done so well as one 

The Popster 73

not liking the million reasons video isn't an unpopular opinion, can ya'll read :rip:

i think the edge of glory video fits the song perfectly and i've only seen the lovegame mv once and that was 1 too many