Have Y'all Noticed...

Tsunade

Have y'all noticed since Gaga starred in ASIB and slayed, set ablaze and owned Hollywood for the entire era that more and more artists are trying to get into acting. Harry Styles is doing a million acting roles ATM, and Selena has just been announced as the lead actress in some biopic. I could've sworn there were more but I forgot. Is acting the new makeup brand?

I know I might sound like a hater but I cringe when other artists try to mimic Gaga's enigmatic career choices. Of course, I'm not saying other artists should not attempt big screen roles, but I do think Gaga just potentially kicked off the next 'thing' for Gen Z artists to saturate. 

The Fame Popster 305

Harry Styles was in Dunkirk a year before ASIB was released and Selena has been working on films for years now. Many singers and celebrities have done a lot of film cameos and starring roles. The world doesn’t revolve around Gaga. 

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

Just now, Hejira said:

The world doesn’t revolve around Gaga. 

Thank you very much for repeating what I said, that they can do whatever they want and she could've potentially kicked off a new thing.

Moderator 6,288

Tbf Selena was an actress before she was a singer. She had her own show on the Disney channel and has starred in several movies post Disney. Harry also did cameos in a couple English films and starred in Dunkirk back in 2017. I think artist just tend to veer off into acting at some point in their career a la Madonna, Beyoncé, Rihanna and the list goes on and on. 

Edited by SLAG

Pop visitors
2 hours ago, Tsunade said:

Thank you very much for repeating what I said, that they can do whatever they want and she could've potentially kicked off a new thing.

I don't think you understand. They were saying that just because gaga did something doesnt mean everyone is following in her footsteps. :awkney:

The Popster 41
2 hours ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

Selena started as a disney actress child star

Lmao Lol GIF by reactionseditor

I literally almost recreated that gif reading your comment. Luckily I kept it in my mouth :classic_laugh:

• lol 1

Deactivated 14,311

Beyonce did movies before these hoes and yet no one wants to talk about that do they! Same with Rihanna... Rihanna's battleship was bad but that other one wasn't terrible... Sure ASIB slayed... but lets remember !

The Popster 162

This has been happening for literally years. I don’t think Gaga set a trend, but she did prove that pop stars doing acting isn’t always a disaster. Not to say every pop star turned actress before her was bad, there was just few that were good and you can even count gaga in that few which is even more proof she didn’t really start a trend of singers going into acting.

Pop visitors
5 hours ago, HeavyMetalLover said:

Gaga invented acting.

ACTUALLY Madonna invented acting with her roles in A Certain Sacrifice, Desperately Seeking Susan, Shanghai Surprise, Whos That Girl.. 

Spoiler

this is satire btw im not serious :ohyes:

@BadGurlMadgehow many movies has m done??  

The Fame Popster 305
25 minutes ago, Delusional said:

Wasn’t she nominated for an Oscar for Evita? Or some other film? 

I don’t think she was ever nominated for an Oscar. Sooner or Later won an Oscar but it wasn’t awarded to her.

• paws up 1