TikTok officially banned in the US

Fame Romance

• 4 weeks later...
Gaming Leader 8,440

Thank god

I can't stand the new Tik Tok trend. I never felt it and I knew that if I started, I was going to be addicted. All my friends are obssessed and I feel like an outcast :snake:.

• thanks 1

Gaming Leader 8,440
Just now, BadGurlMadge said:

I’m sad that fat shaming has became a trend. Basically you use a filter that makes you look extremely obese and then they remove the filter and writes “oh lawd I look so good” “thank gawd i wasn’t looking like that” etc, sure it’s for self importance and love but It’s so disrespectful imo

SERIOUSLY ?!?!

I knew they were problematics trends as like the "abuse makeup look" with the dark-eye and also all the grinding videos. Childrens (like starting 6 years old and even less) are listening to all of those things on repeat. :pillow: 

The Fame Popster 276
2 minutes ago, BadGurlMadge said:

That’s too bad, Instagram just started its tiktok function with “wheels”:ally:

all the more reason to give up social media :katy_pie:

The Popster 68
9 minutes ago, Daylight Jokers said:

The way the app dictates which song's gonna chart annoys me so yaass a bit. Does it work like YT where famous tiktokers get paid tho? Cuz that would suck on their part.

They launched a "creator fund" thing where you can make money off of views and interaction with your content so technically anyone can make money but it's going to be literally pennies unless you're huge on the platform.

But for a long time and to this day famous tiktokers have been getting a cut (not sure if directly from the platform), not to mention the sponsorships and deals they get on the side.

Because the app is relatively new there's no regulation on sponsorships, so a lot of the time it goes under the radar and you have a bunch of tiktokers very clearly selling a product or promoting a song without having to disclose they're getting paid to do that and then impressionable kids believe it's all organic. It's very predatory, I think.

Edited by nenhures