Currently Listening To

Party Favor

The Popster 73

Hey ya'll :war:

Figured we could use a thread where we discuss what the title says: what are you currently listening to? Post in this thread when you're bored and wanna tell members what you have queued up on Spotify or AM right now, what artists you've discovered, or songs and albums that you've had a repeat!

Lemme start: 

I've been obsessed with Kelsy Karter's 'Missing Person'. I'd highly suggest taking a look at her if you like Amy Winehouse or rock infused pop. She's also pretty underground so stream her album to get ha some coins 

• paws up 2
  • yaas, gaga 1

Kindness Admin 6,944

Love this.

My recent obsessions:

• 'Chosen Family' by Rina Sawayama
  • 'Choices' by Benedict Cork
  • 'Wonder What She Thinks of Me' by Chloe x Halle
  • 'Nothing on but the Radio' by someone, I forget :ally:
  • paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 15,058

wait i thought it's literally a "now playing" thread

but aside from GAGA,

BLACKPINK

Lewis Capaldi's Before You Go

The Weekend's IN YOUR EYES

Kygo's HOT STUFF

ABBA's Discography

Gabby Barret's I Hope

• lol 1

The Popster 73
4 minutes ago, admin said:

Love this.

My recent obsessions:

• 'Chosen Family' by Rina Sawayama

Rina is so great! I don't think there were any songs off the album that I didn't love haha. Her voice sounds so much like the vocalist OLIVIA and I'd die to hear her cover Starless Night or Wish 

6 minutes ago, FRANZGA said:

blasting Gaga's discography and i'm currently on JOANNE (A-Yo playing now)

Joanne ended up becoming my least liked gaga album :bradley: john wayne, perfect illusion, sinner's prayer, and come to mama (dont come for me) are my top choices 

• yaas, gaga 1

The Popster 73
4 minutes ago, FRANZGA said:

wait i thought it's literally a "now playing" thread

but aside from GAGA,

BLACKPINK

Lewis Capaldi's Before You Go

The Weekend's IN YOUR EYES

Kygo's HOT STUFF

ABBA's Discography

Gabby Barret's I Hope

it's a combination of both! sorry i tried my best with the wording without saying the phrase 'currently listening' 10 times :rip:

1 minute ago, Daylight Jokers said:

I'm currently listening to the song I'm currently working on. :ohyes:

But the last song I listened to before I fell asleep was Lovesick Girls by BLACKPINK

Talent alert. What genre of music do you write? 

Lovesick Girls is super cute. gives me summer, driving by the coast with the top down vibes 

The Popster 73
3 minutes ago, Edonis said:

Really old school house music lol.  Frankie Knuckles and Aphex Twin. Oh and this iconic jam:

House music is something I don't think i've ever heard much from besides the popularized songs. any recommendations? 

• paws up 1

The Popster 177
35 minutes ago, Party Favor said:

House music is something I don't think i've ever heard much from besides the popularized songs. any recommendations? 

It really depends on your personal taste tbh. Chromatica, in many ways, is house but definitely more in a pop format. The playlist that Bloodpop posted for the inspiration of the album is an excellent way to start!

Some of the tracks venture into Techno and other dance categories, but both of those genres come from house originally so it's still worth the look. Maybe try out some of the more famous tracks and see if you like them? Show me Love by Robin S, Finally by Cece Peniston, Vogue by Madonna, 100% Pure Love by Crystal Waters, RuPaul's Supermodel, Inner City's Big Fun, etc. These are mostly old school '90s house pop tracks but I think they're essential to the foundation of the genre and you may have heard them already. 

If you want the more proper house tracks that are true to the genre I would try the playlist tbh. A personal fav of mine that wasn't included was stuff from an album from 2007 called Ghettoblaster from Armand van Helden. It pays homage to the original Chicago and NYC styles of the genre but in a much more contemporary way. 

Edited by Edonis
  • paws up 1
  • thanks 2
  • yaas, gaga 1

The Popster 73
14 minutes ago, CurvaceousLimericker said:

Found this song yesterday and I'm obsessed, it's so good :bradley:

i love the memes about her, but im not afraid to admit i think a few of her songs are cute :unamused:

• paws up 1

The Popster 73
55 minutes ago, CurvaceousLimericker said:

What memes? :snake:

well, her constant denial of getting work done on her lips despite being seen leaving the same dr. office with swollen lips or with a hand over her mouth. there were also the photos where upon seeing she was getting papped outside of the office, she hid behind a plant :unamused:

44 minutes ago, Freddy said:

Most of you probably don’t know who he is, but I’ve been stanning YUNGBLUD a lot lately. He’s releasing an album soon, too! 

tbh, i only know about him being a guy halsey got with lol. I think his aesthetic is pretty cool, so i'll def check out some of his work to see if i can vibe wit it 

35 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

the vibes are immaculate on this one

22 minutes ago, ice bear said:

mainly video game soundtracks as always

and linkin park

and honeymoon which was my least favorite lana album but i learned to appreciate it recently

i loveeee soundtracks! what are your fav game ones? Skyrim, Fallout 4, and Mirror's Edge are my top 3 atm

• paws up 3

The Fame Popster 318
1 minute ago, Party Favor said:

i loveeee soundtracks! what are your fav game ones? Skyrim, Fallout 4, and Mirror's Edge are my top 3 atm

omg so many

Donkey Kong Country 2 is for me the best collection of tracks overall, it just reminds me of my childhood :bradley:

but also, Hollow Knight, Shadow of the Colossus, Kingdom Hearts, Chrono Trigger, Castlevania, Okami...

mainly those, i also love movie soundtracks so i listen to them mixed with like, Blade Runner, Tron Legacy, Studio Ghibli...

• yaas, gaga 1