Jump to content

Madonna's most wasted single & album track


Blown Away
 Share

Recommended Posts

Miss Madge has a lot of iconic singles. Everyone knows Vogue, Like A Prayer, Material Girl, La Isla Bonita, Music, Hung Up,... Unfortunately she also has singles that deserved better than what they got. Songs like Oh Father, Ghosttown, Girl Gone Wild, Nothing Fails, Bad Girl, What It Feels Like For A Girl,... Her albums are packed with bops, to the extent that some gems don't get the single treatment they deserve.

  1. Which Madonna single deserved a lot more success than it got?
  2. Which is Madonna's most wasted single opportunity?
Edited by Blown Away
  • paws up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, NotDoctor said:

I don't really know her discography well enough to know what was missed but Girl Gone Wild is a bop, and I think it deserved much better 

Girl Gone Wild deserved to be a top 20 hit at least. It's so damn catchy and was perfect on trend in 2012. I believe it flopped just because it was Madonna, who was in her 50's back then.

  • sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Kindness Admin 6,920

Not going to lie, Ghosttown is a great song. I didn't really listen to it when it came out because I was so annoyed she and Adam Lambert put out singles with the same name (his had a space) and I thought it was unfair to Lambert, ha.

They're both great songs. Several years later I think I'd give a slight edge to Madge tho.

  • yaas, gaga 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Fame Popster 318
1 hour ago, Blown Away said:

Which Madonna single deserved a lot more success than it got?

Nothing Really Matters

 

1 hour ago, Blown Away said:

Which is Madonna's most wasted single opportunity?

Impressive Instant, Easy Ride

  • paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Blown Away said:

Perhaps a more controversial opinion:

Give Me All Your Luvin deserved a lot more success. It's one of the 3 highlights on MDNA, but again got limited success thanks to ageism

I agree! I used to bop to this song. I also like the music video. :)

  • yaas, gaga 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, NotDoctor said:

I don't really know her discography well enough to know what was missed but Girl Gone Wild is a bop, and I think it deserved much better 

 

5 hours ago, Blown Away said:

Girl Gone Wild deserved to be a top 20 hit at least. It's so damn catchy and was perfect on trend in 2012. I believe it flopped just because it was Madonna, who was in her 50's back then.

GGW was the song that Madonna wanted to show she knows how to do EDM but to me just basically showed exactly how she no longer leads the trend but follows it. I feel like Rebel Heart is a more honest and earnest attempt from her and it has a lot of underrated gems that has sounds that are less mainstream but undercut by lyrics that are very Madonna during her prime.

  • paws up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, DeanClownchester said:

 

GGW was the song that Madonna wanted to show she knows how to do EDM but to me just basically showed exactly how she no longer leads the trend but follows it. I feel like Rebel Heart is a more honest and earnest attempt from her and it has a lot of underrated gems that has sounds that are less mainstream but undercut by lyrics that are very Madonna during her prime.

I agree. Girl Gone Wild is a very trend-hopping song, but the song suits her imo. The majority of MDNA is trend-hopping, but in a bad way though. It's uninspired and rushed.

With Rebel Heart I feel like she took her time and there was a passion and commitment to the project. She put her soul into most of the tracks (Bish I'm Medoner excluded) and it shows. It's her best album to me since Ray Of Light.

  • yaas, gaga 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Blown Away changed the title to Madonna's most wasted single & album track

Oh so many, here we go:

1. Which Madonna single deserved a lot more success than it got?
Bad Girl, Love Don't Live Here Anymore, Nothing Really Matters, American Life, Hollywood, Love Profusion, Sorry (in the US), Get Together, Jump, Celebration, Girl Gone Wild, Masterpiece, Living for Love, Ghosttown, Crave, I Rise and I Don't Search I Find.

2. Which is Madonna's most wasted single opportunity?
Nobody Knows Me (iconic), Devil Wouldn't Recognize You (i think it'd be decent if properly promoted and with a nice video, although it's literally a Rehab and WGA/CA rip-off), Gang Bang (it'd flop chart-wise but a video for this song would be *chef's kiss*), I'm Addicted (hello Tomorrowland lol), Future (although I'm not a huge fan, I saw a LOT of non-Madonna-fans enjoy this song, especially after Eurovision), Faz Gostoso (girl, not only Brazilian and Portuguese people jammed to this bop, it's catchy af), I Don't Search I Find (the new vogue, hello).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...