Jump to content

Your Song of the Week (2021.01.04)


Lorde Von Kok
 Share

Recommended Posts

Gaming Leader 8,440

Welcome to the First Monday of May 2021!

I wanted to create a weekly thread that I'll try to keep going for a while. It's basically Song of the Week, us sharing the new (or old) song we discovered (or re-discovred) and can't stop streaming.

image0.gif

Why do you like it? How did you discovered it?

For example:

My song of the week is If You Ever Come Back by The Script.

While doing a cute music night with @lavenderblondee, she told me it was her favorite song from them (we were streaming Breakeven, oh yes!) and I know why now. It's so good. I love the melody, the vocals and especially the chorus and how sweet and sad it sounds, kinda like me :mess:.

  • paws up 2
  • yaas, gaga 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Popster to Popster 3,889

This thread is just what I needed

cry3.gif

Mine is:

Space - Hands Like Houses

"I must have cut you somewhere underneath the surface
I don't know how, I only know I don't deserve this
I could not breathe, you would not leave
I'm sick of it"

tumblr_obntli0KFA1u6n38po1_250.giftumblr_obntli0KFA1u6n38po1_250.giftumblr_obntli0KFA1u6n38po1_250.gif

HLH is sort of a sentimental band to me, important to me for various reasons, and I didn't even realize they released an EP this summer but this song HITS. 

Edited by lavenderblondee
  • hugs 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

A Popster Is Born 13,849

My song of the week are Love you Like a Love Song by Selena Gomez and Get Outta My Way by Kylie Minogue

The first one was, in fact, in one of those these-songs-will-become-10-years-old-this-year and really liked it, I really didn't listen to it before. Now the "I, I love you like a love song baby" part lives rent free in my head :shakes:

The second one stood out while listening to the full Aphrodite album by Kylie, recomended by a Kylie fan bc I really liked DISCO and the DuaxKylie remix of Real Groove :oscar:

  • yaas, gaga 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Gaming Leader 8,440
6 minutes ago, Delusional said:

My song of the week is Forgive Me by Chloe x Halle.

I have been into them for months and for some reason this song is just hitting different recently :bradley:

Chloe X Halle Reaction GIF by Music Choice Streaming them right now. 

4 minutes ago, lavenderblondee said:

This thread is just what I needed

cry3.gif

Mine is:

Space - Hands Like Houses

"I must have cut you somewhere underneath the surface
I don't know how, I only know I don't deserve this
I could not breathe, you would not leave
I'm sick of it"

tumblr_obntli0KFA1u6n38po1_250.giftumblr_obntli0KFA1u6n38po1_250.giftumblr_obntli0KFA1u6n38po1_250.gif

HLH is sort of a sentimental band to me, important to me for various reasons, and I didn't even realize they released an EP this summer but this song HITS. 

:gaga-thanks: :gaga-thanks: DM me anytime if you feel some type of way :gaga-thanks: :gaga-thanks:

4 minutes ago, CokeDestroyer said:

Moment 4 Life.

Nicki Minaj Drake GIF by Cash Money Ultimate taste !! An iconic bop. 

  • hugs 1
  • yaas, gaga 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Gaming Leader 8,440
3 minutes ago, danwasd said:

My song of the week are Love you Like a Love Song by Selena Gomez and Get Outta My Way by Kylie Minogue

The first one was, in fact, in one of those these-songs-will-become-10-years-old-this-year and really liked it, I really didn't listen to it before. Now the "I, I love you like a love song baby" part lives rent free in my head :shakes:

The second one stood out while listening to the full Aphrodite album by Kylie, recomended by a Kylie fan bc I really liked DISCO and the DuaxKylie remix of Real Groove :oscar:

Old but good, I feel you!

Can't believe a lot of bops released in 2011 are already 10 years old. Inb4 we feel really old with BTW anniversary. :mess:

  • paws up 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Gaming Leader 8,440
1 minute ago, Agustin said:

my hair- ariana

F.U.- little mix

body- megan thee stallion

schisse-lady gaga

lust for life -lana del rey

I see nothing but taste here. :oscar: I need to get more into Little Mix. 

1 minute ago, LG7 said:

Mine is I Love You by Billie. It starts slow so I never gave it a chance :horse_race:

My breakup song. We- 794783087808086026.gif?v=1

  • paws up 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

A Popster Is Born 13,849
Just now, Lorde Von Kok said:

Old but good, I feel you!

Can't believe a lot of bops released in 2011 are already 10 years old. Inb4 we feel really old with BTW anniversary. :mess:

The fact that I started consuming music independently from what was on the radio (or what my parents listened to) around the ARTPOP era really makes me ignorant of all the pop music scene prior to 2013 :pillow:

  • hugs 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Popster This Way 585
9 minutes ago, Agustin said:

my hair- ariana

regarding technique, this is the most VOCALLY demanding original song that has come out from the latest generation so far honestly, it scares me 

the last chorus is VOCALIZED in whistle...LITERALLY THE RANGE

 

Edited by CokeDestroyer
lacking a word
  • paws up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Popster 162
4 minutes ago, Lorde Von Kok said:

Happy to always count on you to share rock taste! I'm listening right now, why is it soo good. :rat: 

I'll happily spread the gospel of Metal/Rock to this pop forum :tea:

  • paws up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Moderator 4,653

I'm gonna say Fever by Dua and Angele. Not really surprising, I know. But I still love that song so much! I think it should have been released worldwide!

  • paws up 2
  • yaas, gaga 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Kindness Admin 6,925

My song of the week has been this gem. I forget where I heard about it, either here or the YTs.

 

  • yaas, gaga 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...