Storming of the US Capitol: String of Resignations

BenG

I wonder what this is going to mean in terms of where the GOP is headed. On the one hand, I see more establishment republicans breaking with Trump, I doubt he's going to have any support left in Congress. On the other, the GOP voter base has shifted to the right by a lot these past four years, and many of them are now more pro-Trump than they are pro-GOP.

A Popster Is Born 13,683
4 minutes ago, 0707alp said:

And by this logic people can spread their racist, homophobic, sexist thoughts because they are free to speak

Ofc not :dead:

As someone said before, no right (right to live being arguable) is absolute. I’m just saying that being FoS one of the fundamental rights we should try to prioritize constructive argumental measures (like the red thing).

Edited by danwasd
  • paws up 1

4 minutes ago, danwasd said:

Ofc not :dead:

As someone said before, no right (right to live being arguable) is absolute. I’m just saying that being FoS one of the fundamental rights we should try to prioritize constructive argumental measures (like the red thing).

I see where you are coming from, but you could draw the argument that Trump's rhetoric is directly inciting violence, so there is a valid reason to censor it, and do so sharply. 

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,889

I'm sickened, disturbed. I've spent all afternoon at work just refreshing reddit/discord constantly. 

I am scared, as I've been, but after today...I am truly scared for the following weeks ahead.

We need this nightmare of a "human" being out of office IMMEDIATELY. I am afraid to know what he'll do after the fact, I am afraid to know what he'll do TONIGHT, TOMORROW, any of the following days.

To think this is acceptable to so many people. 

• paws up 4
  • hugs 1

Moderator 4,653
Just now, SLAG said:

POS basically saying it's justified while spreading more lies. Hopefully Twitter bans him for good.

That would be at least one good thing that happens to him. I think he deserves to get him in court for all he is responsible for

• paws up 1

• BenG changed the title to Storming of the US Capitol: String of Resignations