Can SXSW Swine performance be defined as art?

Madame X

As some of you may remember, in 2014, Lady Gaga performed at the SXSW Festival, and Swine, 7, was one of the songs she sang there.
After so many years, what do you think — can this Swine performance be defined as art? On the other hand, Millie Brown was puking on Americano singer, and it is kind of disgusting?..

Watch it at 16:00

Popster to Popster 4,584

I find these conversations to be trite, but I will just say: if your entire argument is that something is disgusts you or you just flat out don't like it so it's not art... that's pretty weak. 

• paws up 2
  • thanks 1

Just now, NotDoctor said:

if your entire argument is that something is disgusts you or you just flat out don't like it so it's not art... that's pretty weak.

Thank you for your opinion but this is not my argument. :sweat:

Popster to Popster 4,584
Just now, Madame X said:

Thank you for your opinion but this is not my argument. :sweat:

Then what exactly is your argument?  Also why do we need to define everything, especially with something so nebulous and subjective?

A Popster Is Born 13,923
8 minutes ago, little legend said:

Yes , an art about how you can destroy your career

spacer.pngThis claim is disputed by official sources.

• lol 2
  • yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 13,923

I want to believe that she doesn't condemn this performance. That being said, she doesn't remember ARTPOP at all, so she won't remember *this* performance in particular :katy:

200.gif

• lol 2

Popster to Popster 3,889

I wouldn't label it art, but art is really subjective and depends on how the person viewing it sees it.

This performance I still one I try to forget. I remember watching it live as it was happening, and being seriously concerned for her mental health/career. I was worried she was going down a path I wasn't going to be able to follow, after stanning her from basically day one. She was in a really tough spot, and I'm glad she got herself out of it, at least it seems for the most part.

• paws up 1