Gaga's Best Disco-Influenced Track?

Dean Judaster

I don't want to do polls because I want people to discuss. In addition, Gaga has been influenced by disco and sprinkled it all over her discography that while it may be present in some albums, I want to know which ones feel the most disco-heavy to you.

Mine would be Disco Heaven, Venus, I Want Your Love, and Stupid Love.

dean winchester dance GIF

2 minutes ago, Twitter said:

Stupid Love is disco? 

Just now, Delusional said:

Today I found out Venus is disco influenced

Exactly why I want people to bring forth their own answers because some might feel more a different genre than the other. Anyway, they aren't as strong as IWYL but among all of Gaga's tracks with that influence, I felt like they were closest to disco :popcorn:

• paws up 2

3 minutes ago, Twitter said:

Honestly disco should just be Gaga’s next sound and for LG7. I believe DiscoGa would sound amazing!

Tempting but I want rock/metal first.

1 minute ago, Anveeroy said:

Born This Way :ohhh:

album or song?

• paws up 2

38 minutes ago, DeanClownchester said:

Exactly why I want people to bring forth their own answers because some might feel more a different genre than the other. Anyway, they aren't as strong as IWYL but among all of Gaga's tracks with that influence, I felt like they were closest to disco :popcorn:

Replay is right there + it literally samples a disco classic. :rip:

1 minute ago, CHROMATICON said:

Replay is right there + it literally samples a disco classic. :rip:

9 minutes ago, DeanClownchester said:

This is partly why I designed the thread the way I did. I don't get the disco part--is it the sample?

6 minutes ago, Twitter said:

Replay is disco? 

:mess:

The sample happens after the chorus right?

1 minute ago, Twitter said:

I sensed some disco-esque but wouldn’t considered as a full on disco track

No it's not full on disco track, OP was asking for disco-influenced songs anyways :katy_pie: none of Gaga's songs are full disco tracks except for maybe Disco Heaven and IWYL but that's a cover so i don't think of it as Gaga song. Everything on Replay screams Disco, from the percussions to the clear melodic synths. It’s just more electronic than most disco songs tbh but Replay and Enigma are the only disco-esque tracks on Chromatica, all the others are House (Alice, Free Woman, ROM, Sour Candy, Enigma) Synthpop (Stupid Love, Plastic Doll, 911) and more. Gaga does have other Disco-influenced songs in her discography but it's still not as explored as it should by her. 

• thanks 1

The Popster 177

It's interesting because outside of her cover of 'I Want Your Love', Gaga doesn't really have a full-on disco song. As matter of fact, she rarely has dance songs completely committed to the original genre; it's most dance-pop with tinges of other things (disco, electronic, house, etc.).

But I guess my favorite disco-inspired track would have to be Fashion!, which is probably super unpopular but I love it so much :happydance: The groove, the melody of the chorus, the Bowie 'Fashion' and Let's Dance references...it's just all so much fun and rich with high-octave camp :classic_love: My brand apparently :ally:

• yaas, gaga 1

49 minutes ago, Daylight Oreos said:

Not just the sample, but the percussions and synths were very 70's disco-inspired.

49 minutes ago, Twitter said:

I sensed some disco-esque but wouldn’t considered as a full on disco track.

The way I queued Replay to listen to it better but I spaced out and now I'm back to my classic rock playlist :icant:

33 minutes ago, Edonis said:

Fashion!, which is probably super unpopular but I love it so much :happydance: The groove, the melody of the chorus, the Bowie 'Fashion' and Let's Dance references...it's just all so much fun and rich with high-octave camp :classic_love: My brand apparently 

heavily underrated! I love that song too.

• lol 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster to Popster 3,798

Disco Heaven. It's EVERYTHING!!!

• yaas, gaga 1

Popster to Popster 3,752

I thought I knew what disco was before I joined pop forums and now I could look at an apple and be like, "Is that disco?"

Spoiler

This genuinely isn't shade at you @DeanClownchester! I just feel like I truly have no idea anymore and it seems like everyone has a different barometer for it. :mess:

• lol 2