ProjectJoanne

Which Babylon do you prefer?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Babylon (Early Version) is the only answer

• Babylon (Finished Album Version)
    • Babylon (Early Version)

Gaming Leader 1,282
x2

Since the Album version is fully released, the album version.

However, when the Haus Labs version leaked, I was so obsessed with it and I predicted it would be my favorite song on the album

• paws up 2
  • yaas, gaga 1

Community Leader 2,817

The beat of the demo version slays, but I don’t think it fits the lyrics or the melodies much. It also doesn’t really fit the sound of the album. It’s a bit too harsh and industrial but the album version has a softer sound that is like a nice little bow of an album closer. 

• paws up 1

ARTPOPster 2,173
4 minutes ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

Since the Album version is fully released, the album version.

However, when the Haus Labs version leaked, I was so obsessed with it and I predicted it would be my favorite song on the album

If you prefer the snippets of the early version more than the whole finished version than that really says something :tea:

But I understand :) 

2 minutes ago, Spinning Bottles said:

I choose the finished version. Based on the fanmade and 'leaked' snippets I'm not going to like the Haus Labs version. But you never know... 

Same, it sounds a little flat, but we've only heard like 30 secs and we don't know if it has a bridge, or a twist somewhere

• paws up 1
  • shook 1

Community Leader 2,817
5 minutes ago, Musicisfreedom said:

I haven't heard enough of the early version to be 100%, but I love the oldschool 1990 Madonna vibe that the finished version has. And I LOOOVVVEE the sax. So I choose that one :classic_love:

Any Gaga song with a saxophone is automatically top tier 

• paws up 1
  • lol 1
  • yaas, gaga 3

1 minute ago, PlastiscGuy said:

Same, it sounds a little flat, but we've only heard like 30 secs and we don't know if it has a bridge, or a twist somewhere

Exactly, something sounds off about it. But I had the same idea about the original Firecracker Version of Mariah's Loverboy and I ended up loving that song, so I won't judge until I have heard it in full

• yaas, gaga 1

Community Leader 2,817
6 minutes ago, PlastiscGuy said:

It’s also a demo and her demos usually always feel like they’re a bit empty compared to the final release 

• thanks 1

The Popster 217
1 minute ago, Joannesrats said:

It’s also a demo and her demos usually always feel like they’re a bit empty compared to the final release 

It’s a good thing you said usually because Free Woman demo 

dance dancing GIF

• yaas, gaga 2

The Popster 65

I prefer the finished version 100%.

Any attempts made to blend the finished version vocals and the early version instrumental never sound good.

The early version sounds fine as an instrumental but it doesn't really go anywhere like the final version does.

1 minute ago, Joannesrats said:

That's true, also, although some of her demos really slap harder than the final versions (Sex Dreams, Speechless, Mary Jane Holland)

I mean, we'd have to see, I'm sure Babylon went through a lot of demos, and we can't be sure of what stage the one we heard was in, maybe it was really early, and the Haus Labs version will be remastered or something  spacer.png

• paws up 1
  • shook 1

ARTPOPster 2,173
2 minutes ago, PlastiscGuy said:

That's true, also, although some of her demos really slap harder than the final versions (Sex Dreams, Speechless, Mary Jane Holland)

I mean, we'd have to see, I'm sure Babylon went through a lot of demos, and we can't be sure of what stage the one we heard was in, maybe it was really early, and the Haus Labs version will be remastered or something  spacer.png

Omg I never thought of that... I HOPE! :pillow: