Lady Gaga was the only Pop Star to be named as the Queen of Pop after Madonna,why?

little legend

Pop-a-911-ster 26,813
x3

Why Gaga was the only pop star to be considered as the Queen of Pop ( after madonna)?

Even Britney Spears with her huge debut was considered only the Pop Princess and none of this generation of pop stars is considered the Queen of Pop.

Seems like Gaga's power ,talent and influence in all over the world are unmatchable:oscar:

We stan the greatest artist of all time . Bookmark this. In 100 years she will be considered the biggest legend of all time . Too bad we are all gonna be dead by then

Popster to Popster 3,689

100% agree! It’s the intangibles beyond talent that put her above the others. Her influence, authenticity, and the way she revolutionized pop culture make her the tricon that she is. And the best part is she is only 13 years in! Yes we will all be dead when her legendary status is cemented like MJs but I’m glad I was and am here for the ride! 

Even my mother who grew up with Madonna asked me awhile ago if a song that was playing was by Madonna or Gaga 

Spoiler

It was a Madonna song :billie:

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 26,813
x3
5 minutes ago, Twitter said:

Here we go with the ATRL thread titles.

spacer.png

Answer: there’s plenty reasons why.

Well exactly:billie: i will create exactly the same thing on ATRL but since i am banned there , i made it here 

Edit : Don't flop at me annoying ostrich:nicki_scream:

Edited by little legend

ARTPOPster 1,672
5 hours ago, NYNJ Gypsy said:

100% agree! It’s the intangibles beyond talent that put her above the others. Her influence, authenticity, and the way she revolutionized pop culture make her the tricon that she is. And the best part is she is only 13 years in! Yes we will all be dead when her legendary status is cemented like MJs but I’m glad I was and am here for the ride! 

Even my mother who grew up with Madonna asked me awhile ago if a song that was playing was by Madonna or Gaga 

Hide contents

It was a Madonna song :billie:

AAAAAAA ALMOST 13 YEARS ALREADY? I feel so young and old omg

• lol 1

ARTPOPster 1,672
5 hours ago, little legend said:

Why Gaga was the only pop star to be considered as the Queen of Pop ( after madonna)?

Even Britney Spears with her huge debut was considered only the Pop Princess and none of this generation of pop stars is considered the Queen of Pop.

Seems like Gaga's power ,talent and influence in all over the world are unmatchable:oscar:

We stan the greatest artist of all time . Bookmark this. In 100 years she will be considered the biggest legend of all time . Too bad we are all gonna be dead by then

You have a valid point.

• paws up 1

ARTPOPster 1,319

Katy debuted around the same time as Gaga and had her first two songs hit #1 too so she was right up there with Gaga. 

with Katy’s whole aesthetic being overall more 80s inspired than Gaga with elements of vintage pinup reminiscent of Xtina combined with the Christian girl gone bad storyline she had, she was basically being set up to be the next ultimate pop star. 

the difference between her and Gaga and consequently every other pop girl is that they are very ok with or their expectation is to be a 10/10 popstar. Gaga was never that, she always wanted to be 20/10 and that’s exactly what Madonna did in the beginning. It was always I’m gonna do what everyone else is doing/has done AND xyz. 

that’s what being the queen of pop means, Madonna took the blueprint pop and pushed it over the edge of what people even imagined it had the potential to be inventing a whole new medium of pop stardom in the process, Gaga took that and pushed it exponentially, making even the things Madonna did herself and the things she did subsequently seem dated before they were even out 

• paws up 1