Bobby Campbell makes it to Billboard's Change Agents List

Dirkje

He did well in that sense so I applaud him for that, but in other aspects he failed. He could've got Chromatica a second week at #1 by releasing another vinyl or some piece of bundled merch, he could've got Rain On Me two weeks at #1 by releasing a bit more merch second week and another CD and better playlisting. I love that he respects Gaga though when she is not feeling well and doesn't want to promote. He doesn't force her to do anything she doesn't wanna do

Edited by thetea
  • paws up 4

Just now, Twitter said:

I will admit Bobby did a great job up until after the Super Bowl-Coachella.

Yeah. He did a great job. I don't get what happened for Chromatica.I don't think there was much he could do for streaming for Joanne, because someone on this site said that before her contract was renewed it was sales based, not streaming. 

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 11,833

not deserved. Bobè style of managing is all 'fur coat, no knickers' and he needs to start being more frank with his top client. If he kept the way he is at PR and booking gigs, but brought in Scooter to manage her music career - she'd literally be unstoppable

• yaas, gaga 2

3 minutes ago, Gypsy Guy Holland said:

Yes but on the flip side he also ran her right into the ground and then jumped ship. :shark: I guess that leaves Bobby as the unfortunate lesser of two evils. Wish we could find someone who falls in the middle. 

Yeah, but I think Gaga and Bobby are pretty close. I think she has with Bobby, what she thought she had with Troy. On the flipside, having a friend as a manager doesn't work out when it comes to work matters where you have disagreements. Lets hope next era, Bobby does better, gets those two weeks at #1, and if there is a #1 single, it doesn't leave the top 10 after 4 weeks

• thanks 1

1 minute ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

not deserved. Bobè style of managing is all 'fur coat, no knickers' and he needs to start being more frank with his top client. If he kept the way he is at PR and booking gigs, but brought in Scooter to manage her music career - she'd literally be unstoppable

She'd be just under Ariana Grande. Ariana Grande is Scooter's most successful artist right now, and all his scheming and fraudery would be so good for Gaga, especially for playlisting and #1 debuts

1 minute ago, Twitter said:

Unpopular opinion: Troy did a phenomenal job with Gaga and Bobby did a great job at revamping her career and image. Now its time he gives that job back to a professional and may be a co-manager or something.

I need most of the friends and yes men outta team. Its lowkey sabotage at this point.

I think part of the problem is that her team seems to be all her friends. It's a power imbalance because they can't make her do things without hurting her feelings or vice versa. Not to mention, she's their boss and they get paid because of her

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

1 minute ago, HeavyMetalLover said:

Wait - I just realized he probably organized this Oreo rollout. He deserves all the credit. LMs are selling out stores across the country. Truly iconic. The journey CONTINUES!

spacer.png

When he did literally nothing, and the twitter and GGD insiders basically did all the management for him:billie:

• lol 1

10 minutes ago, thetea said:

When he did literally nothing, and the twitter and GGD insiders basically did all the management for him:billie:

I’ll have you know that he personally designed, cooked, packaged, and distributed every single package.

• lol 2

Popster to Popster 3,752
11 minutes ago, thetea said:

I think part of the problem is that her team seems to be all her friends. It's a power imbalance because they can't make her do things without hurting her feelings or vice versa. Not to mention, she's their boss and they get paid because of her

If it works for them, then more power to them but this is the thing I always think about. I absolutely cannot imagine that type of work environment either as an employee or a boss. Of course I am always coming from the perspective of the employee, but also imagine basically having all your friends on your payroll. It'd be such mindf*ck for me.

That said, I don't have a strong opinion on any individual on her team. It seems like Bobby's had a big part in a lot of career-defining moments, so good on him. It's nice to see more behind the scenes members of the team also get recognized.

Feel like I need a disclaimer that I didn't come into this thread with the intention of criticizing :bradley:

• paws up 2

24 minutes ago, GitHub said:

It seems like Bobby's had a big part in a lot of career-defining moments, so good on him.

Someone said that he was responsible for most of Born This Way's album promotion plan because Troy didn't believe in BTW. 

Popster to Popster 3,752
1 minute ago, thetea said:

Someone said that he was responsible for most of Born This Way's album promotion plan because Troy didn't believe in BTW. 

big if true

Just now, GitHub said:

big if true

If it's true then he did a pretty good job. But it would explain the messy single rollouts and TEOG and Hair being released as singles in the same week

• paws up 1

ARTPOPster 1,319
1 hour ago, thetea said:

Yeah. He did a great job. I don't get what happened for Chromatica.I don't think there was much he could do for streaming for Joanne, because someone on this site said that before her contract was renewed it was sales based, not streaming. 

Well the TikTok/ musicly account she/they made to apparently promote Joanne but did nothing with would have helped :ohhh:

• thanks 1