SB producer shades Gaga/popstars

little legend

Pop-a-911-ster 26,843
x3

Some past Super Bowl halftime shows have had to have moments pre-recorded to create some amazing moments.Now, with the COVID-19 pandemic, fans were wondering if any aspects would be taped before hand for safety measures.We're learning that The Weeknd's performance will be totally live.

"It's all happening in that stadium, in that moment," Jesse Collins, co-producer of the halftime show this year, told ET. "We're not bouncing off to another stadium and then cutting in like some people have had to do [before]. We are fortunate enough in this situation that we are able to do a live live show.

It's gotta be about entertainment from a truthful perspective," he added. "Get away from the massive sets, all the hoopla, the flying this and that.And get to the core of what makes an artist special."

http://www.justjared.com/2021/02/07/will-the-weeknds-super-bowl-halftime-show-be-pre-recorded-or-live/

He sounds so pressed:unamused:

The Popster 177
2 hours ago, little legend said:

"We're not bouncing off to another stadium and then cutting in like some people have had to do [before].

It's gotta be about entertainment from a truthful perspective," he added. "Get away from the massive sets, all the hoopla, the flying this and that.And get to the core of what makes an artist special."

Is that not what happened though? :billie:

The Fame Popster 401

No massive set, no cutting in, no hoopla? Are you sure this dude co-produced that performance? Not only is what he said, like, observably not true but, after the year we had, it would be tragic if the most watched performance of year wasn't a massive show. 

It's always so funny when people drag Gaga and other popstars for putting on a show when...

1) Any one who performs at the Super Bowl wants to put on a show! The Weeknd put on a show! He had the massive set, the pre-recorded clip in the tunnel and lots of hoopla! His biggest influences are MJ and Prince! Like, give me a break. 

2) Artists who are known for truthful~ performances, like Adele, are the first to be like 'Dazzle me please! I want a show!' It's just so dishonest to equate artist integrity with theatrics, or the lack there of. 

Edited by blue

6 hours ago, little legend said:

"We're not bouncing off to another stadium and then cutting in like some people have had to do [before].

the disrespect when gaga had one of the most viewed Super Bowl videos. i guess they can just stick to having maroon 5 and coldplay sing for them since a lot of artists are declining the Super Bowl now.

ARTPOPster 1,476
22 minutes ago, blue said:

Any one who performs at the Super Bowl wants to put on a show! The Weeknd put on a show! He had the massive set, the pre-recorded clip in the tunnel and lots of hoopla! His biggest influences are MJ and Prince! Like, give me a break. 

Yup. It's possibly sexism at play too. The bar for men is so low... His show wasn't that great based on the people I talked to IRL. Most preferred Gaga's anyway.

The Fame Popster 401
2 hours ago, derpmonster said:

Yup. It's possibly sexism at play too. The bar for men is so low... His show wasn't that great based on the people I talked to IRL. Most preferred Gaga's anyway.

Yeah, that definitely came to mind. A lot of men valorize old school performers and their 'only [insert genre here] is real music' chauvinism amounts to thinly veiled sexism. You'd think they'd, like, keep their loathing to themselves since a lot of these old school performers seem to love female pop stars and work with them, marry them, etc but men can be so casually cruel to women. We see this play out all the time at the Grammys with the show runners barely registering female popstars are serious musicians not just ratings bait wedged in-between their favorite 50 year old performer and some kid who reminds them of their favorite 50 year old performer. 

Edited by blue
  • paws up 1