That time Demi Lovato slayed

Blown Away

A little story:

It was 2015...

Spoiler

Demi Lovato announced her new song was coming. I had listened to and enjoyed her self-titled album and still listened to Made In The USA, Neon Lights, Without The Love, Two Pieces and Never Been Hurt.

I hadn't enjoyed her last single, Really Don't Care, though and when I heard the title of the new song and thought to myself... Well, this song will probably suck. What an atrocious song title is this? And the single cover put me off too.

But then...

Spoiler

On the magical, but surprisingly cool, 1st of July... A moment most pleasing to me... This gem of a song dropped. Miss Demetria blew me and my scalp away and I hadn't seen it coming at all.

This gem took me over and I've loved it ever since. Please show some appreciation for Demi's magnum opus.

Animated GIF

Spoiler

Edited by Blown Away
  • yaas, gaga 1

1 hour ago, Andreu said:

Love how the title insinuates it was the only time she did :icant: 

Totally not intentional

child smile GIF

Spoiler

But she actually slayed with her Unbroken album too. It's the only one of hers that I have on CD

Deactivated 14,311
Just now, StormPulse said:

Exactly, but it wasn't that good either. Daddy Issues is the only song I'd still listen to

I think thats with most albums eventually... 1-3 songs max when I am done with them.

• paws up 1

2 hours ago, Joannesrats said:

Lets not forget Stone Cold, i think that's her best song

I think it's one of her worst songs :katy: I already hated it when it came out, but 1,5 year ago some events in my life made me hate it even more.

2 hours ago, Bakugo said:

We gonna forget this album exists?

so many slays on this album! Especially Daddy Issues!

It's a good album, but it blends together a bit too much for me. I still bop to Sexy Dirty Love, Daddy Issues, Only Forever, Lonely and Cry Baby though.

Edited by Blown Away
Little grammar error

Deactivated 14,311
6 minutes ago, Blown Away said:

I think it's one of her worst songs :katy: I already hated it when it came out, but 1,5 year ago some events on my life made me hate it even more.

It's a good album, but it blends together a bit too much for me. I still bop to Sexy Dirty Love, Daddy Issues, Only Forever, Lonely and Cry Baby though.

Isn’t a body of work meant to be somewhat cohesive?? 

1 minute ago, Bakugo said:

Isn’t a body of work meant to be somewhat cohesive?? 

I agree, but it needs some variety too. In TMYLM's case everything (but Sorry Not Sorry) sounds too similar to each other. I have the same issue with albums like Kelly Clarkson's Breakaway and Harry Styles' debut.