Who did you stan when you were younger?

Interlude

The Popster 65

This is a question aimed mostly towards music influences but you can include anyone that you were obsessed with as a kid!

- Did your parents have really good music taste and did it rub off on you or did you discover a stunning pop diva that you were amazed by? Let's talk and celebrate that!

For me it was the SPICE GIRLS!

Apparently I was absolutely obsessed with them and my mom bought me their "Live In Istanbul" concert VHS. I watched it every single day around dinner time and would get annoyed if I didn't get to watch it. It checks out because I still really love getting to watch it. I would try copy their dance moves and sing along to it, probably being really annoying and loud. I just loved it and I think it gave me an opportunity to feel like I could express my femininity and perform without feeling anxious I'd be judged. It had a short interview documentary before with a preparing for tour segment and then of course their legendary and fun performance! It was at the peak of their career when they were most quintessential and it was sponsored by Pepsi so you know they got that budget. I'll include some videos from the concert below if you wanna check it out:

I think I really loved P!NK, Britney, Shania Twain and Kylie other than that but only casually. My mom didn't give me too much musical influence, she was really into techno. Gaga didn't come until I was a teen so I don't necessarily count that.

What about you? :happydance:

Edited by Interlude
  • yaas, gaga 1

The Popster 65
1 minute ago, Jillian said:

Same here! I was super into the Spice Girls when I was about 9! Also I started listening to Stevie Nicks and Fleetwood Mac when is 11 and I became a fan right away! 

Fleetwood Mac and Stevie's songs has got me through so many of my college assignments :sweat: 

Would have loved to have listened to them sooner!

12 minutes ago, admin said:

Musically, no one before Gaga. But outside of that, these women:

Omg I'm watching Buffy all the way through for the first time and I am obsessed! :bradley: Buffy and Willow are such icons.

• yaas, gaga 1

• Interlude changed the title to Who did you stan when you were younger?

I don't remember stanning anyone, I just remember constantly singing No Scrubs by TLC and Lady Marmalade by Christina, Pink, Lil' Kim and Mya. When I sung the latter my dad made me stop immediately. I should've known back then I was gay :ally:

• lol 1

The Fame Popster 485

As a kid I wasn't a pop music fan. I really liked Mozart though. In my pre-teens, I got into Mireille Mathieu and Édith Piaf, and now it's Gaga.

• paws up 2

Popster This Way 656

I grew up on country and loved Alan Jackson and Shania Twain.

I liked Britney and N*SYNC but I felt like I wasn't allowed to like Britney because I was a boy. Honestly, my mom should have known I was gay. We could have sorted this out when I was 8 instead of 15.

I only navigated to pop music when I started stanning P!nk. She was my aunt's favorite so I heard her all the time. A couple years later, Gaga became my life.

48 minutes ago, admin said:

Musically, no one before Gaga. But outside of that, these women:

buffy the vampire slayer wink GIF

willow rosenberg smile GIF

YESSSSS! My biggest obsession in my teens besides Gaga.

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

My mom stans the 80s and 90s so that was basically my childhood :rip: I now hate the music of those decades. But from what I remember the first artist I started to stan was/is Lady Gaga :bradley:

Edited by Mirages
  • paws up 1