Coronavirus: France to impose night-time curfew to battle second wave

Miaou

Pop-a-911-ster 26,692

French President Emmanuel Macron has announced that people must stay indoors from 21:00 to 06:00 in Paris and eight other cities to control the rapid spread of coronavirus in the country.

The curfew will come into effect from Saturday and last for at least four weeks, Mr Macron said in a televised interview.

A state of emergency has also been declared.

A further 22,951 infections were confirmed on Wednesday.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-54535358

• paws up 4

Popster to Popster 3,889

The US is not shutting down again and that's a shame. My state is back up to probably 1200ish new cases a day and no one cares anymore. :nicki_scream: I don't even think shutting down is needed, but we need to implement something.

• paws up 1

The Popster 217
6 minutes ago, Bakugo said:

Do anything near this? Never. 

21-6 seems a bit obsessive though. At least in America there are plenty of jobs in retail and restaurant chains that get a lot of profit from later hours such as 21/22. I know a few people who would have their hours cut and income lowered from a curfew like this, and since our government isn’t willing to pay us for lower income we don’t really have much of a choice. 

Deactivated 14,311
Just now, NFRockwell said:

21-6 seems a bit obsessive though. At least in America there are plenty of jobs in retail and restaurant chains that get a lot of profit from later hours such as 21/22. I know a few people who would have their hours cut and income lowered from a curfew like this, and since our government isn’t willing to pay us for lower income we don’t really have much of a choice. 

I don’t know the full extent of it all. But the virus is terrible so they have their reasons but not giving like a subsidy for those hours lost is a crap move by them.

Kindness Admin 6,892

It’s all so sad :(. I hope it helps with battling the numbers. I hope the vaccines come through quick.