Charts Discussion - Dancing to Dawn Of Chromatica

corvus albus

Popster to Popster 3,642

I don’t see anything wrong with the pool scene? Y’all you just don’t personally like it.

The real problem is here. You can literally see the camera crew following them in the shadows :rip:

giphy.gif

• paws up 5
  • shook 1
  • lol 2

Pop-a-911-ster 38,812

Just look at Paparazzi, Bad Romance, Telephone, ROM and 911. The shots are incredible and so tight and coherent. You can tell the directors are film directors.

Videos like Alejandro and Applause have very nice visuals but the flow can be quite choppy. Unsurprisingly, the directors work primarily with photographs.

Judas, Y&I, MTN, G.U.Y. just scream amateur direction.

• paws up 1
  • shook 1

Pop-a-911-ster 38,812
Just now, OnionGirl said:

I don’t see anything wrong with the pool scene? Y’all you just don’t personally like it.

The real problem is here. You can literally see the camera crew following them in the shadows :rip:

giphy.gif

Are we surprised after TEOG? :mess:

Pop-a-911-ster 38,812
1 minute ago, OnionGirl said:

Nah the pacing is completely off from the music. It literally feels like a footage with music slapped on.

Popster This Way 900
Just now, BenG said:

Just look at Paparazzi, Bad Romance, Telephone, ROM and 911. The shots are incredible and so tight and coherent. You can tell the directors are film directors.

Videos like Alejandro and Applause have very nice visuals but the flow can be quite choppy. Unsurprisingly, the directors work primarily with photographs.

Judas, Y&I, MTN, G.U.Y. just scream amateur direction.

:ew:

Not some of my favorite videos on this list.

Pop-a-911-ster 38,812
Just now, Ethel said:

:ew:

Not some of my favorite videos on this list.

Some things can look visually good with subpar direction.

It's like having a beautiful stage on tour with lousy stage presence.

• paws up 1

Popster This Way 900
3 minutes ago, BenG said:

Nah the pacing is completely off from the music. It literally feels like a footage with music slapped on.

Gaga is a fallen angel while Artpop is playing(a song saying her art will survive) She's getting put in the pool to be re birthed while Venus plays. I.E, the birth of Venus, the goddess of love, which segways into G.U.Y.(a song about being dominate in a relationship even when your in a subordinate position) That to me works.

Edited by Ethel
  • paws up 1

Popster This Way 900
2 minutes ago, BenG said:

Some things can look visually good with subpar direction.

It's like having a beautiful stage on tour with lousy stage presence.

Who said i liked the videos because of the visuals...

:enigma:

Pop-a-911-ster 38,812
Just now, Ethel said:

Gaga is a fallen angel while Artpop is playing(a song saying her art will survive) She's getting put in the pool to be re birthed while Venus plays. I.E, the birth of Venus, the goddess of love, which segways into G.U.Y. That to me works.

It's not about the overarching sequence. The narrative is absolutely fine.

It's the pacing of that scene and how you tighten it with other scenes for coherence. In that particular scene, the footage's pacing actually takes you out of the music video and place you at the filming scene instead. It's super awkward.

Pop-a-911-ster 38,812

The struggle to balance Gaga and receive her in the water is super weird. I can't be the only one seeing that. :mess:

Literally should only exist in a behind-the-scenes video. :mess:

A Popster Is Born 11,850
39 minutes ago, BenG said:

I'm sorry but this shot alone throws G.U.Y. out of the top 10 best Gaga videos. It's absolutely atrocious.:rip:

Lady-Gaga-GUY-An-ARTPOP-Film.gif

Even Perfect Illusion's video is better

GUY had all the potential, but I can’t look past the bravo housewives and that old TV host as the sun. Despite having some other good visuals, stuff like that Made no sense at all, and made it so tacky.  Judas and Telephone >>>

Pop-a-911-ster 38,812
Just now, OnionGirl said:

Yeah, that was painful to watch. Camera shadow PLUS set ceiling showing

lady-gaga-the-edge-of-glory-grua.jpg

Haus of Gaga needs to stop directing videos tbh :mess:

Godga also needs to stay away from photographers to direct her videos. Just look at Joanne era videos bar John Wayne :mess:

Pop-a-911-ster 38,812
Just now, Fame Romance said:

The fact that we hold Gaga’s videos to such high standards when some other girlies are out there serving 0 visuals and basicness  for most of their careers :creepin:

Paparazzi, Bad Romance, Telephone and 911 on their own >>> some girlies' careers I fear

• thanks 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

ARTPOPster 1,958

PI video is amazing.

John Wayne video is fantastic. 

Joanne piano version video is beautiful.

Stop saying Joanne didn't give visuals  :lesson:

You can't do more than this when the whole album was about a dead Aunt :lesson:

• paws up 2