There are many little monsters

ReadyGaga

Reading this forum and Twitter I often read some statements such as "we are few fans" but in reality we are a huge fanbase perhaps not very noisy compared to a time and very lazy. Sometimes I hear about how the Swifties are the biggest fandom, at other times the Army, the Beliebers etc ... But I noticed that all Gaga's Instagram pages have at least 200/300 followers (the smallest) and grow fast with an ever-growing comments section. I just think if our fandom were more active in week one sales and streaming Gaga support we would be the biggest fanbase in everyone's eyes. Opinions?

• paws up 3

ARTPOPster 1,319

Gagas fanbase just isn’t as dedicated and united as it once was, Gaga no longer seems to care about bringing people together anymore either. 

As much as BTS and Taylor never interacted with their fans personally and closely on a group level or individually as Gaga has done in the past, the content Gaga has been putting out just doesn’t make/ keep the fans happy. 

She’s made it very clear since ARTPOP pretty much, that she will just put out and do whatever she wants and what benefits her career and her goals the most, Jazz album, whatever Joanne was, ASIB, Haus Labs, Chromatica, it seems her mindset or her teams mindset is things are always only done for a) career purposes or b) fan service, there’s just no in between.

for me personally it feels like now she just does whatever she wants and then throws us a bone to make sure we’re still around. 

BTS and Taylor buy into the parasocial relationship much more and with Taylor dropping 100 Easter eggs and the kpop system of teasers and snippets that actually lead to rewards (and not endless teasing and empty promises like Gaga) it brings the whole fanbase and reels in the casual fans along for the journey and puts everyone on the same page for long enough to have them stream, buy and watch.

the last time Gaga was able to unite the fanbase and all the casual fans, was the SuperBowl performance, and it shot all of her songs up the chart

as fun as it is to “watch your fave succeed” and feel like you’re contributing to it, it gets harder everytime Gaga seems to just assume we’ll throw money at everything she touches with the potential of her throwing us another fan service bone 

Edited by blastertoyo
  • paws up 1
  • thanks 1

Moderator 4,653

I think that times are changing. Understand that Gaga isn't in the same stage as BTS for an example, career wise. BTS and the fandom are big now, but when Gaga was in her peak, the little monsters were the dominating fanbase. I think its normal tbh.

Also the fandom grows up, meaning that when Gaga started, most of us were teenages. If I keep it to myself, I'm 28. I still enjoy stanning artists but that feeling is different now. I like listening to my music, I'm a huge concerts stan. Other than that I dont really care that much anymore. I like reporting news because I care about supporting this forum. Its also why I'm a moderator, I like to think about growing and improving the site. 
I just dont care about the battlegrounds anymore. I see charts succes as material to report, other than that I dont care about it anymore. If Gaga fails to get a #1, I still stan her and will be waiting in line for her to buy the ticket to see her in concert. 

As I also am a huge fan of Dua Lipa, I report the news on my discord server dedicated to her. I'm the owner, so also for other artists its the same story. 

• paws up 1
  • love 1

A Popster Is Born 17,026

We're big, but not loud & vocal because we're not children, while the fanbases you mentioned in the OP are mostly prepubescent and you'll find them doing the most always.

• paws up 1
  • lol 3

Pop-a-911-ster 38,812
On 7/22/2021 at 4:27 PM, Gypsy Life said:

We're big, but not loud & vocal because we're not children, while the fanbases you mentioned in the OP are mostly prepubescent and you'll find them doing the most always.

Liddos 10 years ago :icant:

Moderator 4,653
On 7/22/2021 at 6:57 PM, BenG said:

Liddos 10 years ago :icant:

Exactly. 10 years ago when Gaga was at her top, we were indeed the most dominant fanbase. But like I said, time has changed and we moved on :)

Pop-a-911-ster 38,812
On 7/22/2021 at 8:04 PM, Gypsy Life said:

Back when we used to win those #MTVHottest and EMA Biggest Fans awards. We've had our time :mess:

We’re only into EGOTs now :icant:

No effort from us required :icant:

• lol 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 22,617
On 7/22/2021 at 7:10 AM, blastertoyo said:

it gets harder everytime Gaga seems to just assume we’ll throw money at everything she touches with the potential of her throwing us another fan service bone 

Signed in just to say how much I feel bad that this is how I see it as well. I have seen her rise from Poker Face, and stuck with her during ARTPOP-Joanne but these past few months I saw myself slipping from dedicated stan to just casual listener. I have a love-hate relationship with Chromatica now because it's so f-ing amazing but then I can't help but not feel frustrated at how wasted this era was, and how distant Gaga seems to her fans in general. I get that she felt hurt by people who only see her as a product or brand, but it seems she also have forgotten that she has fans who supports her because of other reasons. She was very inspirational in how she rebuilt herself after the entire industry tried to take her down, but it seems after her repeak, she just felt complete separate from the Gaga I found to be inspirational. Fighting for her dance floor doesn't resonate as much now. I'll be happy to be proven wrong though.