8 years ago today, Applause was released

Dirkje

Popster to Popster 3,689

Wow I just had a Throwback Thursday flashback to the very day :bradley: I remember being very excited for the long-awaited release and I listened to the song nearly non-stop on the train ride to and from my summer internship. It took me awhile to dissect the verses and meaning but the chorus was an immediate bop. It has aged well for me and the music video is artistically brilliant with all of the subtle references to her career and life.

• yaas, gaga 1

Popster to Popster 3,889

Ugh, I remember waking up to the news that she was releasing it early. I immediately grabbed my headphones, told my roommate to leave me alone and I had a MOMENT.  :dead::darkmode: 

I still really love this song and the MV. Such an incredible piece of art that has aged like fine wine.

• yaas, gaga 2

Moderator 4,653
On 8/12/2021 at 8:43 PM, lavenderblondee said:

Ugh, I remember waking up to the news that she was releasing it early. I immediately grabbed my headphones, told my roommate to leave me alone and I had a MOMENT.  :dead::darkmode: 

I still really love this song and the MV. Such an incredible piece of art that has aged like fine wine.

Those are nice memories! We have no choice but to stan :cm: 

• yaas, gaga 1