A girl gave me her number today (I'm gay)

ProjectJoanne

ARTPOPster 2,173

Ok this is so awkward. But before I start, the title of this thread sounds like a 2005 comedic song title :billie:

Ok, so I was working at the front desk of a bowling ally I work at and there's a giant group of people that come in to bowl every Monday. One of the girls that comes with the league came up to me with a paper and said "Hey, here's my number, I like you :ohyes:

And I was like "Oooh cool :awkney:"

Then she walked back to her table.

I was literally so stressed out the whole day trying to figure out what to say and break it to her that I'm gay. So I just texted her, let her know that I appreciated the offer, because I know it takes a lot of courage to do that, but that I'm also gay so it won't really work out, then added that I hoped she had an awesome time bowling today.

She hasn't responded yet but I know it can go multiple ways, I'll just have to wait and see which one it goes :uhh:

• paws up 1
  • love 3

ARTPOPster 2,173
On 8/24/2021 at 12:36 AM, Nightwing said:

Awe that’s cute. At least you let her know haha

Thanks, yeah it's best to let everyone know ahead of time, last time didn't exactly work out so well, but now we're best friends :bow:

• love 1

Kindness Admin 6,892
On 8/24/2021 at 2:02 PM, ProjectJoanne said:

Oop- She read it, and hasn’t responded within 4 hours :uhh:

Next Monday’s gonna be very interesting :dead:

Aww, I hope it isn't awkward, but you did everything the best way you could. Hopefully she becomes a good friend and you end up laughing about this for years to come.

PS. I worked at a bowling alley for 4 years during high school and loved it!

• yaas, gaga 1

Popstanne 5,076

I think it's really nice you texted her and let you know you're gay, because it took a lot of courage for her to approach you, and at least she knows why you're not interested. It might be a little awkward, but hopefully you can both just laugh it off. 

• thanks 1