Charts Discussion Thread - Hold My Hand - out now!

PanPikus

Popstanne 6,056
On 5/16/2022 at 3:36 PM, HoldMyOreos said:

next stop: new HAC stations are created just to play her :giveup:

My hometown doesnt have an HAC station. They have a Pop and AC station so it’d be the perfect market to open one in. :bigbird:

• yaas, gaga 1

The Fame Popster 359

I just don't understand why they released HMH almost 4 weeks before the movie release only to have it unpromoted and bleeding on streaming. They just killed very much of its initial hype for nothing.

Popstanne 6,056
On 5/16/2022 at 3:41 PM, Andraslop said:

I just don't understand why they released HMH almost 4 weeks before the movie release only to have it unpromoted and bleeding on streaming. They just killed very much of its initial hype for nothing.

It was definitely for radio. They must have a lot of confidence in what it’ll pull for streaming and sales on movie release week :bigbird: 

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,695
On 5/16/2022 at 5:41 PM, Andraslop said:

It’s a weird strategy for sure. At this point, I wish they had just dropped the song the week of the film’s release. 

• thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 38,991

On 5/16/2022 at 11:41 PM, Andraslop said:

to build on radio until release week so that when the movie comes out people are made aware of it throughout the day because of the song? one could argue streaming promo would have a similar effect- let's wait and see

• paws up 1

Popstanne 6,056

Look if it bombs after the movie then I’ll humbly take the L and accept it as a flop :bigbird:

Right now radio is promising and everything else is just icing on the cake until May 27th :bigbird:

• paws up 7

Popster to Popster 3,695
On 5/16/2022 at 6:03 PM, Arturo said:

Look if it bombs after the movie then I’ll humbly take the L and accept it as a flop :bigbird:

Right now radio is promising and everything else is just icing on the cake until May 27th :bigbird:

If it flops, it’s not the end of the world. It’s just a soundtrack song.

I just want it to do great because god knows the older she gets, the harder it’ll be for her to nab a few more top 10 hits. 

• paws up 1

Popstanne 6,056
On 5/16/2022 at 4:08 PM, Thrasher said:

Just found out Black Panther 2 will be out later this year…

Black Panther 1 did not win a single award over Shallow :bigbird:

• lol 2

On 5/17/2022 at 1:10 AM, Arturo said:

Black Panther 1 did not win a single award over Shallow :bigbird:

True but I fear they might not want to repeat the same thing only 4 years later 

Hopefully there won’t be a big hit out of it 

Pop-a-911-ster 38,991
On 5/17/2022 at 12:03 AM, Arturo said:

This

Pop-a-911-ster 32,716
On 5/16/2022 at 7:03 PM, Arturo said:

Amen :disappointed: if playlisting doesn’t increase after the movie comes out then we should probably just call it quits honestly, this won’t make a dent if the playlisting doesn’t MAJORLY get better,

but like @ConnorFilm said it doesn’t necessarily need to be a big hit, maybe they’re intending it to be more of an awards player rather than a streaming hit? Who knows either way we shouldn’t be calling it quits until after the movie comes out …:bigbird:

She’s still a (streaming fad) legend :icant: 

• paws up 1

Popstanne 6,056

All Access HAC Spotlight Track blurb from Interscope:

#14 Shazam Pop chart. The superstar’s latest is this week’s Greatest Gainer, soaring 27-18* at Hot AC with strong spins from KIOI, KBIG, WNEW, WWMX, KSMG and WDVD. Top Gun: Maverick is expected to rule Memorial Day weekend. 12 million views.

• paws up 10