Charts Discussion Thread - Hold My Hand - out now!

PanPikus

The Fame Popster 428

I appreciate that they try to make the show nice and special for the people not included in the main show, but wow, it sure does drag.. :katy:

Edited by LaLa

A Popster Is Born 10,182
On 4/3/2022 at 5:31 PM, LaLa said:

I appreciate that they try to make the show nice and special for the people not included in the main show, but wow, it sure does drag.. :katy:

I mean... they present like 70 categories in less than 3 hours. I dont thinks thats long tbh

Popster to Popster 3,792
On 4/3/2022 at 10:28 PM, Sir.Sim said:

Doja's going to win!!! 

Pop-a-911-ster 20,841
On 4/3/2022 at 11:13 PM, GucciOreos said:

someone on GGD is saying the organizers don't know the wins/losses beforehand

idk about the grammys but i have worked at the production of awards shows and we always knew the winners beforehand. Before the live broadcasting we had 2-3 days of rehearsals and we even rehearsed with body doubles so the director and camera crew knew where the winners/nominees are sitting and they could film them during presentations, after the winner announcement, walking to the stage etc.  Usually the production team knows but the grammys could be different.

• paws up 5

Pop-a-911-ster 38,812
On 4/3/2022 at 9:20 PM, PanPikus said:

I don't think so. Somebody needs to make those envelopes with the winner, so the producers might take a look to plan the show :billie:

The voting and envelopes are supposedly managed by an independent accounting firm, Deloitte. Same for the Oscars, which is handled by PwC.

Producers usually guess the winners and pick the televised categories. Recall how Ed won Pop Solo while being the only absent nominee. 

Pop-a-911-ster 38,623
On 4/3/2022 at 9:50 PM, boobatella said:

idk about the grammys but i have worked at the production of awards shows and we always knew the winners beforehand. Before the live broadcasting we had 2-3 days of rehearsals and we even rehearsed with body doubles so the director and camera crew knew where the winners/nominees are sitting and they could film them during presentations, after the winner announcement, walking to the stage etc.  Usually the production team knows but the grammys could be different.

omg you're back we won :oprah:

thanks for spilling sis 

• yaas, gaga 1
  • love 1

• PanPikus changed the title to Charts Discussion Thread - Hold My Hand - out now!
  • corvus albus locked this topic
  • corvus albus unpinned this topic