How Do You Stream Gaga?

Dean Judaster

Pop-a-911-ster 22,485

I'm curious as to how you guys stream her. I'll also share mine so we can discuss

1. What platform(s)?

Spotify and YouTube for me but Spotify is easily accessible.

2. How often?

Almost daily for me. There will be hours I listen to nothing but her. I do take a break from her music every now and then because I need some variety. When I feel like it, I leave her streaming overnight to help boost her stats.

3. Do you listen only to her singles? Entire albums? A curated playlist? Your own playlist?

I have a "pop" playlist full of nothing but pop girl songs but I will queue/arrange it so most of her songs get played including album deep cuts.

I will queue or loop entire albums if I'm in the mood for them. I would also queue songs that I like to reach a certain milestone faster.

I want her deep cuts to get regular streams because aside from I really enjoy most of them, I want her overall discography to look better. I tend to get obsessed with numbers hence my presence in the chart threads.

When it comes to her singles/hits, I would play others more than the rest (i.e., I tend to like Alejandro more than Telephone; Judas more than BTW/TEOG).

1) Usually on Spotify, but often I need to associate music with images so I also listen to it on YouTube watching the official videos.

2) Although I often listen to other artists too (lately I'm loving Taylor Swift's recent projects) I listen to Gaga at least once a day, she is the first artist I listen to in the morning and the last one before going to sleep.

3) I usually listen to her albums in full, but lately I have created a lot of playlists and of course I have also included some Gaga songs. The song I listen to most often is probably Poker Face, but I love hearing The Cure, Sexxx Dreams, Gypsy, EhEh, Fashion Of His Love and Diamond Heart this spring . 

Episode 4 Finger Guns GIF by Saturday Night Live

• yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 22,485
On 4/27/2022 at 12:02 PM, ReadyGaga said:

The Cure, Sexxx Dreams

Good taste!

On 4/27/2022 at 12:02 PM, ReadyGaga said:

lately I have created a lot of playlists

I find this is the way to go if I want to listen to her side projects/orphaned work like IWYL and certain remixes. I have  playlist for Chromatica and DoC for example where I remove some of the originals and include the remix instead (in many cases both) or if some songs from different eras are songs I feel that are spiritual successors/sequels so I can listen to them in certain sequence.

• yaas, gaga 1

On 27/4/2022 at 17:14, Dean TANKEDchester said:

Good taste!

I find this is the way to go if I want to listen to her side projects/orphaned work like IWYL and certain remixes. I have  playlist for Chromatica and DoC for example where I remove some of the originals and include the remix instead (in many cases both) or if some songs from different eras are songs I feel that are spiritual successors/sequels so I can listen to them in certain sequence.

Oh yaas it's great to combine the original Chromatica tracks with those of DoC, for example the transition Rain on Me> Free Woman ft Rina is a masterpiece or CII> 911> Plastic Doll Remix. 

Also putting Gaga songs in playlists with tracks from other artists is very good for bypassing Spotify's spam filter, giving new life to Gaga tracks and diversifying the music. 

Here are some of my playlists: 

• yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 22,485
On 4/27/2022 at 12:47 PM, ReadyGaga said:

Also putting Gaga songs in playlists with tracks from other artists is very good for bypassing Spotify's spam filter, giving new life to Gaga tracks and diversifying the music

I do that too!

• thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 27,866
On 4/27/2022 at 3:43 PM, Dean TANKEDchester said:

1. What platform(s)?

The one I use overall is Youtube but I hardly stream GodGa there cus I know Spotify streams are more valuable hence why I save her for when I'm using Spotify :delulu_bird:

2. How often?

It depends, but she's my go to background music when idk how to play. To say daily would be a lie but weekly for sure. Not only because I want to boost the stats as a chart but also bc I can't legitimate imagine living without it.

3. Do you listen only to her singles? Entire albums? A curated playlist? Your own playlist?

I listen to full albums usually, but of course tehre are times when I feel like listening one specific individual song. I use a lot of the autogenerated playlists spotify does based on your listening habits so a lot of my Gaga streams come from tehre too

• yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 22,485
On 4/27/2022 at 2:43 PM, Andreu said:

The one I use overall is Youtube but I hardly stream GodGa there cus I know Spotify streams are more valuable hence why I save her for when I'm using Spotify

It's still cool to stream her on YT! The fact she now outviews Fadele and Fadty :icant: and when we get close to YT milestones (like 3-Way lmaooo) I stream her a lot there too

On 4/27/2022 at 2:43 PM, Andreu said:

Not only because I want to boost the stats as a chart but also bc I can't legitimate imagine living without it.

Same. A lot of my firsts with my wife were with Gaga songs. :darkmode:

Pop-a-911-ster 27,866
On 4/27/2022 at 7:56 PM, Dean TANKEDchester said:

It's still cool to stream her on YT! The fact she now outviews Fadele and Fadty :icant: and when we get close to YT milestones (like 3-Way lmaooo) I stream her a lot there too

I used to have a playlist in 2015-2017 with all the videos that needed "help" from her YouTube channel and I used to care a lot about that but honestly I feel like YT milestones stopped being relevant some time ago, and nowadays people only claim spotify ones

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 22,485
On 4/27/2022 at 4:44 PM, Andreu said:

I feel like YT milestones stopped being relevant some time ago, and nowadays people only claim spotify ones

True but it would still be nice to see PF join the 1B club. BR should reach 2B in 2 years' time too, hopefully 

1. Spotify

2. I don't go out of way to stream Gaga. I play "My Liked Song" daily for 2/3 hour on shuffle which has about 70+ songs. The list usually has 20-30 songs of Gaga on it, so she get played 

3. I rotate Gaga songs on those list. Right now its lot of TF/TFM and Joanne. Rain on me, 3 doc remixes and l4s(title song) have been on it since they got released

Apart from that, I use "This is Lady Gaga" playlist to give her stream but I don't listen to it :icant:

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 26,592

Spotify

TF/TFM and ASIB everyday

Chromatica and Joanne 2/3 times per week 

BTW 1 time per month

ARTPOP .... didn’t listen to this album since like 2015 

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 22,485
On 4/28/2022 at 4:04 PM, zoldyck said:

Apart from that, I use "This is Lady Gaga" playlist to give her stream but I don't listen to it :icant:

Guilty of this occasionally so :oops:

On 4/28/2022 at 4:16 PM, Miaou said:

ARTPOP .... didn’t listen to this album since like 2015

Sad. Not even Applause?

Pop-a-911-ster 26,592
On 4/28/2022 at 9:37 PM, Dean TANKEDchester said:

Sad. Not even Applause?

I don’t like Applause and almost every song on the album 

DWUW, Manicure and Sexxx Dreams are the exceptions 

• paws up 1

Kindness Admin 6,892

Love this. 

I almost exclusively listen to music via Apple Music.

The second and third I’ll answer together. I typically make a “daily” playlist each season (so four times a year) which is my default playlist whenever I causally listen to music. Most of the time Gaga is the most dominant artist on it, especially the year after an album. Right now, I’ve tried to only add new songs to my spring list, but did add a few Gaga after a month. So usually daily or close to it, at least a little.

When I want to listen to Gaga I’ll usually play an album. Again, the first year after an album that’s like nonstop. But in between it can be every week or every month even sometimes. 

Spoiler

The song I caved and added to the spring playlist was, OF COURSE, Fun Tonight :bow:

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Kindness Admin 6,892
On 4/28/2022 at 11:51 PM, Dean TANKEDchester said:

I must admit I didn't like FT as much initially but now I like it a lot more.

Line Cult GIF by A24

• lol 1

Popster to Popster 3,760

1. YouTube 

2. All day and everyday

3. Albums: TFM/BTW/TF/Chromatica 

Songs: Dance In The Dark, Telephone, Rain On Me, 911, Born This Way, Government, Just Dance, Poker Face, Disco Heaven 

• yaas, gaga 1