Underrated album tracks from Gaga

SweetOreosOfHeaven

Pop-a-911-ster 40,664

I thought it would be a fun idea to create a thread about what Gaga track do you guys think that from each album is the most underappreciated by the fanbase/ the public in general. To make things easier singles are excluded. I'm not 100% sure that this thread hasn't already been made at some point :icant:

I'll start: 

The Fame: Brown Eyes. 

For me it's a really solid ballad from her, and the glam-rock inspiration really sells the song for me. I find it to be very beautiful and nostalgic, particularly the ending when she goes «bro-o-own br-o-o-own, your brown eyes». I feel like this song doesn't have a lot of supporters at all. 

The Fame Monster: Teeth. 

Obviously not a fan-favourite, and it's very different from the rest of TFM, but I love how it gives us a hint into what's coming next, the BTW album. It's more adventurous in terms of structure than anything she had done by then, it's a quite interesting song and fun to listen to in my opinion. 

Born This Way: Hair.

Maybe it's unfair to call Hair underrated since it was almost a single and got a decent peak on the BB100 but I feel like every time fans comment on this song nowadays, it's something negative. I love it, I love the backing vocals, the production, the melodies, love how it switches up from the first to the second verse,  it's just such a serotonin boost hearing this song, every time. I guess the lyrics can read as juvenile but I feel like that was the kind of the point so it doesn't bother me. 

ARTPOP: Fashion!.

It's a fun feel-good song. 

Joanne: A-yo. 

It should have replaced Perfect Illusion as a single, way more commercial sounding, and all-around enjoyable to listen to. Maybe less impactfull on first listen but I feel like it would have done a lot better in the long-run, it baffles me how much this fanbase hates on this song. It was her take on Uptown Funk and while it obviously can't compete with that song in particular it's still a pretty solid song, and one of the better songs in Joanne imo. 

ASIB: Diggin My Grave.

No one ever talks about this song. I love the raspiness of their voices and how well the come together here. It reminds me of Gaga's vocal performance in Stevie Wonder tribute.

Chromatica: Fun Tonight.

I think it has one of the better chorus in Chromatica, the production is nothing special but the sung melodies completely make up for it. 

Edit: I forgot ASIB. How un-GP of me.

Edited by HoldMyOreos
  • paws up 1

The Fame 

- Money Honey 

The Fame Monster 

- So Happy i could die 

Born This Way 

- Electric Chapel

ARTPOP 

- Manicure

Joanne 

- Grigio Girls 

Chromatica

- Enigma  

Bonus

A Star Is Born 

- Music To my Eyes 

• yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 40,664
On 9/3/2022 at 11:17 PM, JJ Monster said:

The Fame: Brown Eyes

The Fame Monster: Speechless 

Born This Way: Bad Kids

ARTPOP: Jewels N' Drugs 

Joanne: Hey Girl

A Star Is Born: Diggin' My Grave

Chromatica: Plastic Doll 

Speechless is so amazing :giveup: I don't know if I'd consider it underrated though. 

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 28,951
On 9/3/2022 at 3:58 PM, HoldMyOreos said:

The Fame: Brown Eyes. 

For me it's a really solid ballad from her, and the glam-rock inspiration really sells the song for me. I find it to be very beautiful and nostalgic, particularly the ending when she goes «bro-o-own br-o-o-own, your brown eyes». I feel like this song doesn't have a lot of supporters at all. 

spill :applause:

On 9/3/2022 at 3:58 PM, HoldMyOreos said:

ASIB: Diggin My Grave.

No one ever talks about this song. I love the raspiness of their voices and how well the come together here. It reminds me of Gaga's vocal performance in Stevie Wonder tribute.

my favourite on the albern behind ARUTW

• yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 28,951

The Fame: I feel like there are many songs I could mention, but on the other hand none is really underrated. So I'll go with Summerboy, an evergreen pop track that deserves as much as the singles.

TFM: I guess I can say Speechless, since it's my fave non-single by far but I wouldn't call it underrated.

BTW: The Queen is simply too good to be left as a bonus track.

AP I feel like the album is better as a whole, so I would say the album as a whole is underrated. But I'll go with Dope, since I've seen many people criticise it and it's still one of my fave Gaga songs.

Joanne: Perfect Illusion is one of my favourite songs ever, so I pick this one.

ASIB: Too Far Gone has the potential to be one of the best, we deserved a full length, duet version of it.

Chroma 1000 Doves period no Gaga song comes close to being this underrated

• paws up 2

Pop-a-911-ster 40,664
On 9/5/2022 at 1:29 PM, Andreu said:

The Fame: I feel like there are many songs I could mention, but on the other hand none is really underrated. So I'll go with Summerboy, an evergreen pop track that deserves as much as the singles.

TFM: I guess I can say Speechless, since it's my fave non-single by far but I wouldn't call it underrated.

BTW: The Queen is simply too good to be left as a bonus track.

AP I feel like the album is better as a whole, so I would say the album as a whole is underrated. But I'll go with Dope, since I've seen many people criticise it and it's still one of my fave Gaga songs.

Joanne: Perfect Illusion is one of my favourite songs ever, so I pick this one.

ASIB: Too Far Gone has the potential to be one of the best, we deserved a full length, duet version of it.

some bold choices :whatga:

Summerboy is great though :giveup: and Dope is definitely underrated because it's not IWBWY

Popstanne 5,320

TF: Eh Eh (top 3 on the album for me)

TFM: No song on TFM is underrated imo

BTW: The Queen is simply too good to be left as a bonus track. (I had to copy @Andreu's answer here)

AP: I love Dope so much :bradley:

Joanne: Just Another Day is simply a masterpiece 

ASIB: Before I Cry got a lot of hate on Hit***Daily and it's so good

Chromatica: Love Me Right is such a bop tbh

Edited by Lazz Monster

On 9/3/2022 at 7:17 PM, JJ Monster said:

ARTPOP: Jewels N' Drugs

There is simply no other answer because this is literally the least streamed ARTPOP track. Very underrated.

On 9/5/2022 at 9:29 AM, Andreu said:

The Fame: Summerboy

AP Dope

Joanne: Perfect Illusion

Lots of great answers here

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,812

The Fame: Disco Heaven & Brown Eyes

The Fame Monster: SHICD & Speechless

Born This Way: Heavy Metal Lover & Highway Unicorn

ARTPOP: Gypsy & Fashion!

Joanne: Hey Girl & Angel Down

A Star Is Born: Diggin' My Grave & Music To my Eyes 

Chromatica: Plastic Doll & 1000 Doves

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/6/2022 at 4:19 AM, Dean Farmchester said:

There is simply no other answer because this is literally the least streamed ARTPOP track. Very underrated.

Lots of great answers here

Over hated for no reason, I loved it when I first listened to the song.

• yaas, gaga 1

Popster to Popster 3,812
On 10/2/2022 at 9:46 PM, M.F. Luder said:

Beautiful, Dirty, Rich, Hey Gir, The Queen, Before I cry, Heal me

YESSSS!!!!!!