The Horror Movie Thread

Adarsh

A Popster Is Born 12,045

Hi guys, since a lot of new members are joining the forum, I thought I’d create a main thread for horror movie discussion. It’s my favourite genre and I’m assuming a lot of you love it as well. Maybe we can start by listing out our favourite movies of all time and that of 2022, and take it from there. 

All time favourites:

Rosemary’s Baby (1968)

spacer.png

Carrie (1976)

spacer.png

The Wicker Man (1973)

spacer.png

2022 favourites:

Bones and All

spacer.png

Barbarian 

spacer.png

Piggy 

spacer.png

Post your favourites below! 

• yaas, gaga 1
  • love 3

Popster to Popster 3,153

I am a huge stan of horror movies too, I grow up with those since I was a kid.

'Rosemary's Baby' and 'Carrie' are between my faves classic too along 'Shining', 'Halloween, 'Alien', 'Scaream', 'The exorcist' and many more.

My recent fave is 'Malignant'.

This year favorites 'X', 'Pearl', 'Watcher', 'Terrifier 2'.

• paws up 1
  • love 2

Everyone is just glued to the charts thread :icant:

However, horror is not my fave genre, but i like some movies, Carrie and Misery are my fave from oldies, but I like The Conjuring series, The Others, Ready or Not... 

Im intrested in Pearl, but cant find time to watch it

• love 1

A Popster Is Born 12,045
On 12/15/2022 at 7:57 PM, Leptine said:

I am a huge stan of horror movies too, I grow up with those since I was a kid.

'Rosemary's Baby' and 'Carrie' are between my faves classic too along 'Shining', 'Halloween, 'Alien', 'Scaream', 'The exorcist' and many more.

My recent fave is 'Malignant'.

This year favorites 'X', 'Pearl', 'Watcher', 'Terrifier 2'.

I loved Malignant as well! I think I should watch “Watcher” next. I haven’t seen that yet.

A Popster Is Born 12,045
On 12/15/2022 at 8:03 PM, Bojana said:

However, horror is not my fave genre, but i like some movies, Carrie and Misery are my fave from oldies, but I like The Conjuring series, The Others, Ready or Not... 

Im intrested in Pearl, but cant find time to watch it

Omg Misery is one of my favourite movies too. And I’m so happy that Kathy Bates won best actress for it. What other movie genres do you like? 

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 37,992

I loved Get Out+Us (hated Nope), The Others, Don't Breathe, Midsommar just to name a few. It's definitely one of my favourite genres, though I don't watch alone. Also loved the horror series «The Haunting of Hill-House» and «Marianne» from Netflix. Just recently went to see Smile at the cinema, it's a pretty solid by the numbers formulaic horror movie, nothing grounbreaking, but I enjoyed it. 

• love 1

Popster to Popster 3,153
On 12/15/2022 at 3:33 PM, Bojana said:

Yeah it's better if post a new thread inside the charts thread to make people realize :billie:

• lol 1

A Popster Is Born 12,045
On 12/15/2022 at 8:36 PM, BloodyOreo said:

I loved Get Out+Us (hated Nope), The Others, Don't Breathe, Midsommar just to name a few. It's definitely one of my favourite genres, though I don't watch alone. Also loved the horror series «The Haunting of Hill-House» and «Marianne» from Netflix. Just recently went to see Smile at the cinema, it's a pretty solid by the numbers formulaic horror movie, nothing grounbreaking, but I enjoyed it. 

If you like Midsommar, you’ll love The Wicker Man as well. That’s the same theme. And who do you watch horror movies with if not alone? :ohhh:

Pop-a-911-ster 37,992
On 12/15/2022 at 4:57 PM, Adarsh said:

If you like Midsommar, you’ll love The Wicker Man as well. That’s the same theme. And who do you watch horror movies with if not alone? :ohhh:

I'll have to check that out. I watch them with my boyfriend, sometimes with friends. 

• love 1

A Popster Is Born 12,045
On 12/15/2022 at 10:28 PM, BloodyOreo said:

I'll have to check that out. I watch them with my boyfriend, sometimes with friends. 

My boyfriend is tired of me making him watch movies :icant: So I have to do it alone lmao. But yes, you should check that out! 

• hugs 1
  • lol 1

Popster to Popster 3,153
On 12/15/2022 at 5:50 PM, TITANE said:

You better stan the movie of the century! :education:

The way I knew it was you immediately with that nickname and avi (loved it by the way) :billie:

'Malignant' a masterpiece!

• lol 1

Popster to Popster 3,153
On 12/15/2022 at 6:00 PM, MaryJaneHolland said:

My best friend ordered The Terrifier 2 from the UK and since Ive watched that movie I always get an unwell feeling just thinking about it

I loved it, I watched the first and second recently thinking I would have disliked it but instead I ended up appreciated it, horror and camp well done with a minimal impressive budget, it's very creepy.

• paws up 1
  • love 1

On 12/15/2022 at 6:26 PM, Leptine said:

I loved it, I watched the first and second recently thinking I would have disliked it but instead I ended up appreciated it, horror and camp well done with a minimal impressive budget, it's very creepy.

I have to really appreciate the humor between the brutality. It was a great film really, just too much for me. I looove horror movies tho. Me and my bestie had a Saw evening where we watched every film but I fell asleep during the fifth one 

• paws up 1