• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pop-a-911-ster 32,577
On 4/4/2023 at 7:23 AM, Aloe said:

her voice here today 

In case people are wondering here is the song she is singing 

@BloodyOreodo we have an ongoing list of covers we know are in the movie? I think I’m gonna try and keep a list

Pop-a-911-ster 38,591
On 4/4/2023 at 1:01 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

In case people are wondering here is the song she is singing 

@BloodyOreodo we have an ongoing list of covers we know are in the movie? I think I’m gonna try and keep a list

isn't it "That's Entertainment" though?

but yes that would be a great idea 

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 32,577
On 4/4/2023 at 8:02 AM, BloodyOreo said:

isn't it "That's Entertainment" though?

but yes that would be a great idea 

Yeah I think the song she was singing a couple of days ago was rehearsal for the stair scene cause it’s the same song though I think it’s technically called “Yes”

I guess we also have “A Couple of Swells” by Fred Astaire and Judy Garland..I’ll try and keep a list of songs! Try and tag me if you confirm anything else :telephone:

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 38,591
On 4/4/2023 at 1:05 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

Yeah I think the song she was singing a couple of days ago was rehearsal for the stair scene cause it’s the same song though I think it’s technically called “Yes”

I guess we also have “A Couple of Swells” by Fred Astaire and Judy Garland..I’ll try and keep a list of songs! Try and tag me if you confirm anything else :telephone:

But "Yes" and "That's Entertainment" are different songs, and they sound different. If you listen to the audio of the set-leak it's clear she's singing the latter. 

I've read that "A Couple of Swells" is being featured but is there any official confirmation for that? Haven't seen any clips. 

Pop-a-911-ster 32,577
On 4/4/2023 at 8:10 AM, BloodyOreo said:

But "Yes" and "That's Entertainment" are different songs, and they sound different. If you listen to the audio of the set-leak it's clear she's singing the latter. 

I've read that "A Couple of Swells" is being featured but is there any official confirmation for that? Haven't seen any clips. 

Okay yeah I did some research and you’re right, I think I got confused because I was focusing on the “the stage is a word and the world is a stage of entertainment” and BOTH songs have that exact lyric, strange lol 

but yeah you’re right, thats definitely “That’s Entertainment” my bad! 

edit: actually I think Google lied…they’re just giving me the lyrics for “That’s Entertainment”

IGNORE ME I DRINK 

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • hugs 1

Pop-a-911-ster 32,577

Google lied to me and gave me the incorrect song so you are correct @BloodyOreo , gonna take “Yes” off my list….and no I haven’t seen any clips of ACOS, I think it was just a part of the leaked rehearsals or something. I think “That’s Entertainment” is the only song we have footage/proof of 

Pop-a-911-ster 38,591
On 4/4/2023 at 1:21 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

Google lied to me and gave me the incorrect song so you are correct @BloodyOreo , gonna take “Yes” off my list….and no I haven’t seen any clips of ACOS, I think it was just a part of the leaked rehearsals or something. I think “That’s Entertainment” is the only song we have footage/proof of 

Do you think I should update the OP with a "spoiler folder" for the leaked songs? 

edit: already did, I'll keep adding, keep me posted

Edited by BloodyOreo
  • yaas, gaga 1

ARTPOPster 1,302

I like the second take they did on the stairs because no offence to Ga but her hand movements on the  first take reminded me of the sporadic choreography Richie loves to tell her to do :rip:

• lol 2

On 4/4/2023 at 3:28 AM, BloodyOreo said:

Grace Randolph seems anxious about the commercial prospects of this film if HarleyGa takes over while Joker assumes a more secondary role. What do y'all think? Could it work or will the incels that carried the first movie boycott J:FAD, if this is the case? 

Well. We know that that lot are very reasonable. With respectful opinions. And they are not ones to intentionally or irrationally lash out. So we should be good. 

Spoiler

We screwed :cry:

• lol 1

Popster to Popster 3,200
On 4/4/2023 at 9:28 AM, BloodyOreo said:

Grace Randolph seems anxious about the commercial prospects of this film if HarleyGa takes over while Joker assumes a more secondary role. What do y'all think? Could it work or will the incels that carried the first movie boycott J:FAD, if this is the case? 

I don't think it's gonna be an issue as long as the movie is well received and create hype, Gaga managed to have 2 box office hits with very less profitable projects on the paper from a commercial point of view, ASIB a musical drama romance and HOG adult biopical released during Covid resurgence.

The other day I watched the last 'Batman', which is very incels friendly, it did 770M$, which is a great result, first Joker surpass 1 billion, now JFAD might not have the same result but anything above 500M$ will be fine imo.

I think the biggest issue when it comes to audience is not Gaga taking over, but how much the musical part will be predominant in the movie, because if the movie is like Variety said a drama continuation of the first with some music scenes, I think it's not gonna be an issue, if the movie will have lot of musical scenes, that might alienate audience.

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 38,591
On 4/4/2023 at 2:30 PM, Leptine said:

I don't think it's gonna be an issue as long as the movie is well received and create hype, Gaga managed to have 2 box office hits with very less profitable projects on the paper from a commercial point of view, ASIB a musical drama romance and HOG adult biopical released during Covid resurgence.

The other day I watched the last 'Batman', which is very incels friendly, it did 770M$, which is a great result, first Joker surpass 1 billion, now JFAD might not have the same result but anything above 500M$ will be fine imo.

I think the biggest issue when it comes to audience is not Gaga taking over, but how much the musical part will be predominant in the movie, because if the movie is like Variety said a drama continuation of the first with some music scenes, I think it's not gonna be an issue, if the movie will have lot of musical scenes, that might alienate audience.

Yeah I hope they are clever with the use of music. The rumour about it being related to musical therapy is interesting but could also suggest that music will have a pretty big role in this movie. This might turn off the demographics of the first movie for sure, but I commend them for taking risks.

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,200
On 4/4/2023 at 3:36 PM, BloodyOreo said:

Yeah I hope they are clever with the use of music. The rumour about it being related to musical therapy is interesting but could also suggest that music will have a pretty big role in this movie. This might turn off the demographics of the first movie for sure, but I commend them for taking risks.

I think the use of music can be brilliant for this project, but it has to have the right balance, the movie needs to remain a drama in first like the first one continuing that story, just with the addition of some musical scenes at the right moments  which is what I expect.

It's obvious that if the movie will have a predominant musical direction (but I will be very surprised if that will be the case) that will definitely alienate the audience and incels, but I really don't expect that direction at all, I strongly doubt WB would have invested so many money for a musical that traditionally are never box office success, especially in the last years.

We also recently have an argument in the Gaga base where some people expect this to compete in the Comedy/Musical category at the Globes because of that, but instead I expect this to remain a drama like ASIB case.

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 12,112
On 4/4/2023 at 4:58 PM, BloodyOreo said:

this scene is already iconic for me

the way her voice resounds :darkmode:

Her voice sounds so bold even without a mic :shine:

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster to Popster 3,792

• paws up 1
  • love 1

Popster to Popster 3,792