I need someone to talk to U.U

Adakam

Im doing horrible and im very close to giving up :(

I have too much responsibility on my back and I cant do anything to control it, im about to lose my business, my income, everything and I just cant take it. It was my dream to open it and now it feels like its slipping away

I just cant do this anymore

• paws up 5
  • hugs 3

6 minutes ago, Twitter said:

@Adakam I am so sorry to hear about what you’re experiencing. You are a strong person, don’t give up I know you will get through this!

We are all rooting for you and support you. Do you care sharing more of the story with us? We can help you and try to make things better.

spacer.png

Thank you <3

Long story short, I own a small food business with my mom here in Mexico that has been our baby and our income for over 4 years, but its been asphyxiated by the pandemic and I dont think we'll be able to afford rent this month, due next week.  The landlord wont give us any extra time, we cant take any sort of loan anymore because we did when quarantine started, and I just dont see a way out 😓

And if we lose it, we might as well just... you know... or we'll just starve, there is like 0 chance of me finding a job quickly at this time....

And because of the pandemic too, we cant even get some street selling point set up, we need to have a spot

I have barely slept and ate this week because my mood is as bad as it can get, this virus is killing us without infecting us :(

• hugs 3

Pop-a-911-ster 26,833
x3

Pls dont give up or do anything that you will regret it later. If you want to talk we are here to listen to you and support you. It's a hard time for you, but everything will be better . Thats life but with every obstacle you will surpass you will become stronger

• paws up 2

6 minutes ago, Twitter said:

@Adakam matter fact while you are chatting with us. Look online and apply heavily for jobs in the meantime. I know eating and rest might not be your top priority but make sure you at least rest your brain just so you don’t be burnt out.

Its a very small place, we dont even have employees, its just the 2 of us, but I guess you could clasify it as a retaurant.

Trust me ive applied for everything, but I dont have a career, or anything to prove im worth, all im good for is doing spanish-english translations, but thats a job that is so damn saturated, even before the pandemic, trust me ive tried every day for months.

And depression gives me insomnia, been sleeping like 2-3 hours for weeks now, and i never get hungry anymore, i hate being dramatic but im truly dying inside 

• hugs 2

Just now, Twitter said:

I’m the opposite. When my depression hits I tend to sleep more. But you have to get some rest, not a full rest but like a power nap just so your mind can stay sharp. 

If you happen to cook and sell food. Have you and your mom looked into partnering with delivery companies? They might bring too much revenue but it will get more people and your business name out there. Also have you looked into promoting the business at a local school, hospital, or anything? If not I would definitely suggest looking into that especially a nearby hospital/healthcare place.  

Yea weve done that, we opened a lil over 4 years ago, we got all promo areas covered, and everything was great but not anymore.

And we dont have time for that anymore, if we dont sell enough to cover rent between today and monday, its over

• hugs 1
  • sad 1

1 minute ago, Twitter said:

Absolutely devastating! There HAS to be programs in MX that handles rent forgiveness and/or supporting businesses that are struggling. Trust me you aren’t the only one. So there has to be someone willing to support. 

3rd world country....

All the support they gave to businesses was at the beginning, and it was through loans (we got it back then and we still have to pay it for the next 3 years), we survived with that for the 4 months we were forced to close. But rent forgiveness, stimulus checks, all of that, nope.

And realistically speaking I dont even need that much, but the result is the same if I cant get it.

• hugs 1

I’m sorry about your situation is truly horrible that a lot of people are losing the business they had worked so hard for years, especially for your landlord to no give you a chance to pay later or work it out with you somehow...

Have you thought about opening a Gofund account and post it on your social media to get help faster? 

The Fame Popster 393
10 hours ago, Adakam said:

Thank you <3

Long story short, I own a small food business with my mom here in Mexico that has been our baby and our income for over 4 years, but its been asphyxiated by the pandemic and I dont think we'll be able to afford rent this month, due next week.  The landlord wont give us any extra time, we cant take any sort of loan anymore because we did when quarantine started, and I just dont see a way out 😓

And if we lose it, we might as well just... you know... or we'll just starve, there is like 0 chance of me finding a job quickly at this time....

And because of the pandemic too, we cant even get some street selling point set up, we need to have a spot

I have barely slept and ate this week because my mood is as bad as it can get, this virus is killing us without infecting us :(

That s sad.. But you should stay strong

• paws up 1

ARTPOPster 1,672
11 hours ago, Adakam said:

Thank you <3

You should be strong. Covid affected a lot of us but you should never give up. My parents lost their jobs in the start of the pandemic and they never gave up and they persevered till they get a new job. You should too. This is a tough time we've all been through right now but giving up is not the solution. Many people almost gave up like you and with a little motivation and patience, they did it. We'll pray for you and your mom. You'll get through this. Fighting!

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,889

I can't imagine how hard this is but please do not give up. You cannot lose this place and I believe there is a way for you to pull through. Like @Delusional suggested possibly a go fund me? Anything like that? If there is any type of side job or anything that does not require education, dig as much as you can! You'd be surprised the amount of money you can make doing random jobs. 

• paws up 1

ARTPOPster 1,672
2 minutes ago, lavenderblondee said:

I can't imagine how hard this is but please do not give up. You cannot lose this place and I believe there is a way for you to pull through. Like @Delusional suggested possibly a go fund me? Anything like that? If there is any type of side job or anything that does not require education, dig as much as you can! You'd be surprised the amount of money you can make doing random jobs. 

that is similar to one of Gaga's quotes: "Fight and push harder for what you believe in, you'd be surprised, you're much stronger than you think"

• paws up 1

6 hours ago, Kinmo said:

Have you thought about opening a Gofund account and post it on your social media to get help faster? 

4 hours ago, lavenderblondee said:

Like @Delusional suggested possibly a go fund me? Anything like that? If there is any type of side job or anything that does not require education, dig as much as you can! You'd be surprised the amount of money you can make doing random jobs. 

Theres no gofundme here afaik, and the few friends Ive got are not capable of helping right now.

Side jobs are complicated, mainly because if I get into one, I cant open the restaurant, so I do small things but its like, 5 usd for 6 hours of work u.u.

But even if I could do either, theres no time, right now my only shot is that by some miracle my sales explode today, tomorrow and on monday to get that rent, or its over