"Why does everything have to be about race" - User on GGD

Gracious Gaga

The Popster 71

How does this make you feel?

I always cringe whenever I see someone say something like "Why does everything have to be about race", "I'm not racist, but...", "okay but to play devils advocate..."

https://gagadaily.com/forums/topic/349964-let’s-talk-about-beauty-brands-that-aren’t-making-much-sense/

just read the first page of comments. lol  the whole thread is a tragic mess.

Kindness Admin 6,892

I think discussing issues like race and racist rhetoric/behavior which is pronounced in online communities is important and something that should be at the forefront of everyone's minds and intentions.

That said, I'm not sure posting threads like this from that site is very useful. I don't want to attack other sites or bring drama from them into the forum here. One thing we're committed to here is not letting the unnecessary toxicity or drama from places like twitter or that site infect this one too.

Simply, we strive to be better.

• paws up 10
  • thanks 2
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster to Popster 3,889

I don't give traffic to that cult site so I'm not bothering looking, it's just simply not worth the energy. It breeds toxicity and we're all better than that here. 

But yes, it does drive me absolutely insane when people have to say "But I'm not..." and then pretend like they aren't racist. The but was all I needed to know you're about 2 seconds from saying something racist. 

• paws up 4

3 hours ago, Gracious Gaga said:

How does this make you feel?

I always cringe whenever I see someone say something like "Why does everything have to be about race", "I'm not racist, but...", "okay but to play devils advocate..."

https://gagadaily.com/forums/topic/349964-let’s-talk-about-beauty-brands-that-aren’t-making-much-sense/

just read the first page of comments. lol  the whole thread is a tragic mess.

But it literally wasn’t about race. That woman was annoying. If she was white she would still be annoying. It’s not about her being black it’s about her being annoying. 

Edited by CherryPie

Deactivated 14,311
2 hours ago, lavenderblondee said:

I don't give traffic to that cult site so I'm not bothering looking, it's just simply not worth the energy. It breeds toxicity and we're all better than that here. 

But yes, it does drive me absolutely insane when people have to say "But I'm not..." and then pretend like they aren't racist. The but was all I needed to know you're about 2 seconds from saying something racist. 

This!

• paws up 1

Pop visitors
11 hours ago, Dadley Pooper said:

Love how this forum calls itself the ~*~*~kindness forum~*~*~ yet every single day you guys talk sh*t about that Other Site and its members. Stop bringing us the roadkill you found over there

We aren't talking sh*t. I don't know where you got that idea from and frankly I find it to be quite absurd. All we are doing is criticizing that website and the behavior that goes on over there.

The Popster 65

Yeah, not surprised.

Those types went quiet after everyone was banned for a little while but I knew it wouldn't be long before their ugly started showing again. They don't even try to hide it anymore, even with the new guidelines.

Edited by Interlude

RIP Angel 1,992

That cursed site is f-ing awful wbk. I did check the video and the gurl was being annoying af (yes, this could be any race and she would still be annoying). She just comes across as bitter.

On actual racism tho, I always stumble upon these types of comments with some of my co-Filipinos (not a majority of them, thankfully) whenever people ask local brands for more diversity. They claim that racism doesn't exist in our ountry so all this movement with BLM was just some 'American Liberal BS'. It's very stressful and irritating to read. Well, they're wrong cuz racism, systemic racism, and internal racism (some even go to the lengths of whitening their natrual tan), DO exist here. Add homophobia, transphobia, sexism, and colonial mentality to the list too.

Edited by Daylight Oreos