Who's the Next Main Pop Girl?

Battle For Your Life

Pop-a-911-ster 26,842
x3
5 minutes ago, Daylight Oreos said:

Deliberately mispronouncing/mispelling Asian last names is not cute, sis.

oh come on , it is just a hard name , it has nothing to do with it being an Asian or anything like this.

Spoiler

My real name might be also difficult for someone who is  not from Greece , i wouldnt be pressed if someone mispronouncing it , and i would have made the same comment for a greek name if it was difficult. so i dont understand why we should add labels like Asian name, Greek name, America name and etc, i saw them all as equal 

Edited by little legend

RIP Angel 1,992
4 minutes ago, little legend said:

oh come on , it is just a hard name , it has nothing to do with it being an Asian or anything like this.

Just google it. Sawayama is not that hard to spell. If people can spell Germanotta, Seyfried, and Gyllenhaal, they can also spell Sawayama.

• paws up 1
  • thanks 2

Pop-a-911-ster 26,842
x3
1 minute ago, Daylight Oreos said:

Just google it. Sawayama is not that hard to spell. If people can spell Germanotta, Seyfried, and Gyllenhaal, they can also spell Sawayama.

if i wasnt a big fan of Gaga , i might have also misspronounced the name Germanotta

so don't think that i am focusing on her place of origin or anything cause i am not 

Deactivated 14,311
1 minute ago, little legend said:

if i wasnt a big fan of Gaga , i might have also misspronounced the name Germanotta

so don't think that i am focusing on her place of origin or anything cause i am not 

I don’t think so either- I just think googling their name is important so you don’t come across as trolling. Thats about it. She is an amazing artist and has potential- Next MPG? I don’t think. Dua Lipa has that title currently. And is holding on to dear life!

Pop-a-911-ster 27,901
2 minutes ago, Bakugo said:

Fill in an ignorant aussie- who is this?

Rosalia, a catalan singer-songwriter who got really popular thanks to her mixture of flamenco and urban sounds. She released her breajout album in 2018 and in the last two years she's been releasing collabs with many latin and anglophone artists (Bad Bunny, J Balvin, Travis Scott, the Weeknd,..) which helped made her famous WW. Rumour has it her collab with Billie Eilish will be released in early 2021, which I am pretty sure will be her first chance at getting a real hit in the anglophone countries.

Malamente is her signature song and probably the one that summarises her fusion style

And Con Altura is her biggest hit yet, and actually was the most viewed female video fo 2019

• paws up 1

Deactivated 14,311
28 minutes ago, Andreu said:

Rosalia, a catalan singer-songwriter who got really popular thanks to her mixture of flamenco and urban sounds. She released her breajout album in 2018 and in the last two years she's been releasing collabs with many latin and anglophone artists (Bad Bunny, J Balvin, Travis Scott, the Weeknd,..) which helped made her famous WW. Rumour has it her collab with Billie Eilish will be released in early 2021, which I am pretty sure will be her first chance at getting a real hit in the anglophone countries.

Malamente is her signature song and probably the one that summarises her fusion style

And Con Altura is her biggest hit yet, and actually was the most viewed female video fo 2019

She narrated in a Harry Styles video! I will keep my eyes on her. https://www.google.com/search?q=rosalia+harry+styles&rlz=1C1CHBF_en-GBAU918AU918&oq=Rosalia+harry&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0i457j0i22i30l2.3172j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

The Popster 61
3 hours ago, little legend said:

Hide contents

My real name might be also difficult for someone who is  not from Greece , i wouldnt be pressed if someone mispronouncing it , and i would have made the same comment for a greek name if it was difficult. so i dont understand why we should add labels like Asian name, Greek name, America name and etc, i saw them all as equal 

Google is free and it's not even a hard name. Sawayama is easy enough, and if you weren't sure you could have easily found out.

Edited by Musicisfreedom

Pop-a-911-ster 26,842
x3
3 minutes ago, Musicisfreedom said:

Google is free and it's not even a hard name. Sawayama is easy enough, and if you weren't sure you could have easily found out.

Well its hard for me , i dont  to give explanations to all of you why i misspronounced her name . I think that all you just want to find a reason to hate on someone and want to create an issue that does not exists.