Reader and Writer Club

Popster This Way 656
1 minute ago, Anveeroy said:

Fascinating, right? Have you read any books of Kafka? You might like 'The Trial' ! 

I haven't! But I've heard he's great. I have loads of books stacked up on my shelf that I still need to read.

• yaas, gaga 1

Popster This Way 656
13 minutes ago, Anveeroy said:

Keep us updated, and recommend us! :sweat:

Anyone interested in politics should read It Was All A Lie by Stuart Stevens 

Anyone interested in the Trump crime syndicate going back 50 years should read Hiding In Plain Sight by Sarah Kendzior. It will blow your mind.

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 2,686
1 minute ago, Daylight Jokers said:

I'm a writer... Sort of. I have a novel I've been writing since 2014. It's still not finished lmao. 

I'm not a reader tho. The last book I read was The Hunger Games and it took me a year to finish it.

Omg, that's fantastic.. I'm a struggling writer too, I would like have depth conversations with you! 

• yaas, gaga 1

Popster This Way 656
Just now, Gov Hooka said:

*me suppressing the urge to make a GGD joke* :ohyes:

12 hours after I finished the book I ran into the GGD mess. It definitely inspired my issues with the site.

• lol 1

Popster to Popster 2,686
Just now, ProdigyARTPOP said:

I’m a published author, I’ve released two collections of poetry, if you guys are interested you can find them on Amazon or Barnes and Noble,

they’re called “Sentimental Memories” and “Afterglow” 🤠

Share the links!

And CONGRATULATIONS! 

Popster to Popster 2,686
19 minutes ago, Timmers said:

Anyone interested in politics should read It Was All A Lie by Stuart Stevens 

Anyone interested in the Trump crime syndicate going back 50 years should read Hiding In Plain Sight by Sarah Kendzior. It will blow your mind.

I'll check them out! 

• paws up 1

Popster This Way 656
3 minutes ago, Anveeroy said:

I'll check them out! 

Both are quick reads because the stuff is unbelievable. For example, the Stevens book talks about how gay men have been on the Republican campaigns he's worked on since the 70s. The attitude was "If we're Republican, they don't treat us like gay men. We're straight men who enjoy sex with men."

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 2,686
4 minutes ago, Timmers said:

Both are quick reads because the stuff is unbelievable. For example, the Stevens book talks about how gay men have been on the Republican campaigns he's worked on since the 70s. The attitude was "If we're Republican, they don't treat us like gay men. We're straight men who enjoy sex with men."

I forgot when is the last time I read something out of course-related books. Being a literature student sometimes can not be liberating :bradley:

Edited by Anveeroy
  • lol 1

Popster This Way 656
52 minutes ago, ProdigyARTPOP said:

I’m a published author, I’ve released two collections of poetry, if you guys are interested you can find them on Amazon or Barnes and Noble,

they’re called “Sentimental Memories” and “Afterglow” 🤠

That's awesome! I've self published three books of poetry before, but it was so long ago that I can't even read them without feeling embarrassed by my young self.