What if Gaga /The Fame no but yes A Star Is Born

little legend

Pop-a-911-ster 26,843
x3

So what if Gaga's debut album wasnt The Fame but an album like A Star Is Born. So what if Gaga didn't debut with a dance album with huge pop bops but debuted with an album with huge and melodic ballads like Shallow , Always Remember Us This Way and I'll Never Love Again without dressing weird and etc.  And later in get career went from a Classic diva to a crazy pop star

What would happen? Would she become so huge? Would she considered the Adele of our times? And also then when she would go from Classic Gaga to Crazy Gaga would that be huge? Like Miley Cyrus in 2013 shocking transformation? 

SoThat i am asking ,if we reverse Gaga's career,would she became more successful? Would the GP loved her more or without The Fame as her debut album ,her career would have never been that huge

Gaming Leader 8,440

I think since she began by being crazy and out-there, she build a home for the freaks of this world and built a smaller, yet stronger fanbase. Also, we can look back and appreciate how iconic and before-her-time she was. In 2008, I don't think ballads would've also been the hits.

• paws up 3

A Popster Is Born 11,846

Ma'am this is messy... I am kinda thinking both projects would've smashed. One of the reasons that ASIB smashed so hard WW is because WW is sensitive to promo, which is what it effectively was... The other reason TF smashed so hard WW is it's dance sound and the aesthetic and theme at the time.. Both interchangeable 

But I will say that TF era wouldn't work as well in the streaming era or COVID. No paparazzi shots, no MVs for months... No digital era style rollout... (look at ava lol). Plus dance pop like that isn't as popular now. Although she'd have good label investment... She did back then anyway. 

• paws up 2

Pop-a-911-ster 26,843
x3

The reason i made this thread is cause i dont think she would been bigger without The Fane but her pop persona and crazy outfits made a part of the GP hated her. Unfortunately there are still people that think that Gaga hasn't talent and is just a attention seeker that is wearing meat all the time . If she debuted with ballads she would have been more easily respected like Adele and she wouldn't had to fight as much to prove her talent

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 20,782

I thought i was having a stroke while reading the title :katy:

OT: I think ballads like that wouldn’t have made her famous in 2008. The Fame and her crazy persona revamped pop music and that’s what made her a triconic queen. 

• paws up 1
  • lol 2

ARTPOPster 1,319
18 minutes ago, Twitter said:

Simple. Her career would still be phenomenal. Her largest competition still would have been Taylor and Adele. 

If the lead single was Why Did You Do That? Her career wouldn’t have changed that much tbh lol 

Pop-a-911-ster 38,812
Just now, blastertoyo said:

If the lead single was Why Did You Do That? Her career wouldn’t have changed that much tbh lol 

You're comparing WDYDT to Just Dance? :icant:

Popster to Popster 3,689
21 minutes ago, Twitter said:

Simple. Her career would still be phenomenal. Her largest competition still would have been Taylor and Adele. 

Exactly. I would see her fall into the same path as Taylor did, with periods of both love and hate among the GP , but still achieving overall success

• paws up 2

ARTPOPster 1,319
1 minute ago, Twitter said:

Out of all songs you thought WDYDT? first. :rip:

I meant songs like LWIF, ARUTW, INLA, and Shallow.

I’m not saying WDYDT is good. What I said was if WDYDT was the lead 

it wouldn’t change her career at all because it would still be her Just Dance

also y’all are forgetting Bradley Cooper was 

spacer.png

at that time so Shallow would be solo 

Edited by blastertoyo

Popstanne 5,076
3 hours ago, BenG said:

The pup and his essays again :pillow:

Max's Biscuits. :ally:

But to answer the question: If Gaga were an unknown, she wouldn't have been chosen to headline ASIB, so it's a moot point. I think part of the reason those songs caught the GP's attention is that they seemed like such a departure from CrazyGa. However, I think people still would've liked the music, but it probably wouldn't have been as popular. 

The Popster 53

Ma'am,  a MESS! :dead: The age of pretty balladeers was dying by the time Gaga came onto the scene and big, electro dance-pop isn't currently popular, it wouldn't work. A big reason she exploded when she did is because of The Fame doing what it did stylistically at that specific time. Also, her going from "serious" songstress to avant-garde electro-pop diva is a kinda weird career arc. 

• paws up 1