Are you in a relationship / ever been in one?

StormPulse

Banned 550

For me, no. I went on one date (my first) on Valentine's this year and he was cute and super sweet but he wasn't interested in another :gaga-scream:

Spoiler

He had told me he wanted to cuddle but I turned it down, wtf was I thinking

How about you guys?

Edited by StormPulse

The Fame Popster 451

Men are garbage and I don't hope to be in one again, at least not any time soon. :gaga-scream:

Hooking up>>>

Edited by Nino
  • lol 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Community Leader 2,817

I started dating a guy ON Valentine's day and we've been together ever since. I've had relationships before and each one has felt different, but this one has been incredibly stable for the longest. 8 months of dating, almost 5 of actually being 'official'

Being in a relationship can be hard, but the work doesn't feel like work if you're with the person you're supposed to be with :stable:

• paws up 3

The Popster 83

I've been in two, both lasted about 3 years and were back to back. I think I might be a serial dater, so quarantine has been a nice excuse to eliminate boys from my life. 

But as you can see from the thread I just made before I saw this one, I'm going on a date this week and I'm hella nervous about covid (and being awkward per usual loll) 

• paws up 1

I am in one for almost a year. He's a fantastic boyfriend and I can't imagine my life without him.

Don't let your experience discourage you. You will be alright. If it's any consolation, my first date was canceled twice and eventually the guy convinced me to take my virginity. He left immediately after with a lame excuse and basically stopped talking to me, except for one time where he tried to have a threesome with me. It was painful to realize that I was used as a hookup, but I went on a search again and two weeks later I met my current boyfriend.

To say in the words of the wise miss Aaliyah 'If at first you don't succeed, dust yourself off and try again'. You will find the right person, maybe sooner than you think and in the most unexpected way.

• paws up 4

Community Leader 2,817
1 minute ago, Spinning Bottles said:

You will find the right person, maybe sooner than you think and in the most unexpected way.

This, 1000x. 

I had pretty much given up on finding a boyfriend while I was at school but I needed a 4th for my scavenger hunt team and asked my boyfriend to join me and my friends for it. I knew him decently then as friends, but we weren't close. I knew enough that he liked random adventures so a stressful scavenger hunt all over town was right up his alley. Who would have thought?!

• paws up 3

No. I'm not really interested in someone at the moment, I still have some work to do on myself before I get back into dating. I want to bring that person into a peaceful and loveable place, not a chaotic one. And I'm kinda busy irl now, so commitment and dedicating my time to someone else are a big NO.

• paws up 2

Popster to Popster 4,583

I've been with my husband for 12 years and we've been married for 4.  We started dating in high school which feels wild cuz we were totally different people back then and it's been a lot of work but I feel very lucky

• paws up 3

Banned 550
Just now, NotDoctor said:

I've been with my husband for 12 years and we've been married for 4.  We started dating in high school which feels wild cuz we were totally different people back then and it's been a lot of work but I feel very lucky

15 minutes ago, Bakugo said:

I’m in the same relationship as I have been since I was 18.

Wow some of you guys are LUCKY

Community Leader 2,817
5 minutes ago, Musicisfreedom said:

No, and I'm really insecure about it. I feel like I'm moving too slow in life. Hopefully one day I can meet the right person, but I enjoy being alone at the same time

Everyone’s life moves at different paces. I have a degree but one of my best friends has two children. We are the same age but ahead or behind in very different areas. Also, just because you’re in a relationship, doesn’t mean that you should sacrifice what you love - i.e.: you’re alone time or independence. 

• paws up 1
  • hugs 1

The Popster 61
1 minute ago, Joannesrats said:

Everyone’s life moves at different paces. I have a degree but one of my best friends has two children. We are the same age but ahead or behind in very different areas. Also, just because you’re in a relationship, doesn’t mean that you should sacrifice what you love - i.e.: you’re alone time or independence. 

Aw thanks for this :gaga-thanks:

• hugs 1

Been in relationships but I don’t believe I’ve experienced ‘the one’ yet. I think in this day and age it’s much more difficult to find someone serious while having standards, especially when you’re gay.