Eurovision 2024

little legend

Moderator 3,690

UKRAINE PASSED!!!!
I'm going to manifest that this is Conchita vol2 where she was the final to be announced from the semifinal. 

Popstanne 6,426
1 minute ago, Delusional said:

Yeah I really don’t know how Belgium got in I low-key think the more alternative scene voted for ha

It was surrounded by female bops so it definitely stood out from the rest

• paws up 1

Moderator 3,690
1 minute ago, Delusional said:

Yeah I really don’t know how Belgium got in I low-key think the more alternative scene voted for ha

Probably got a lot of the Jury support. My father also liked Belgium (even though his favourite was Ukraine) so maybe Belgium got the elusive Boomer vote. 

• paws up 1

Moderator 3,690

Ukraine had the biggest rise in odds after the first semi-final and now it is #4 to win the whole contest.

Stream the song to celebrate

• shook 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Moderator 16,295
23 minutes ago, Joesuda said:

Ukraine had the biggest rise in odds after the first semi-final and now it is #4 to win the whole contest.

Stream the song to celebrate

I really don't get why people like this song :dead:

It sounds like a less good version of 1944 by Jamala with less important lyrics.

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

4 minutes ago, corvus albus said:

I agree, this one is bottom 3 material so far along with Russia and Germany. The vocals are so jarring.

Moderator 3,690
1 minute ago, corvus albus said:

It sounds like a less good version of 1944 by Jamala with less important lyrics.

It really does not sound like 1944 to me though? 1944 was still a fully pop song, but Shum is more ethno-dance/folk-dance. They are not even in the same language.

I like the song, because it has energy and it dares to be different and it is a marvellous combination of cultural heritage and modern sounds. However you have to keep in mind that one of the most popular recent bands in Estonia does something similar - combines folk with pop/rock so maybe my country just likes this stuff.

I would not be surprised if there was a large geographical divide in the votes in a sense that Eastern-Europe loves the song and Western-Europe not so much as many Eastern-European countries have a similar folk-song heritage/sound with Ukraine.