Eurovision 2024

little legend

Moderator 4,653

I saw the show and my favorite song was Israel. Glad they went through. Eurovision is about the music and fun, not the politics. And that song was a bop. 

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 2

Moderator 16,295
4 minutes ago, Joesuda said:

It really does not sound like 1944 to me though? 1944 was still a fully pop song, but Shum is more ethno-dance/folk-dance. They are not even in the same language.

I like the song, because it has energy and it dares to be different and it is a marvellous combination of cultural heritage and modern sounds. However you have to keep in mind that one of the most popular recent bands in Estonia does something similar - combines folk with pop/rock so maybe my country just likes this stuff.

I would not be surprised if there was a large geographical divide in the votes in a sense that Eastern-Europe loves the song and Western-Europe not so much as many Eastern-European countries have a similar folk-song heritage/sound with Ukraine. 

As far as I know 1944 is also a folk song with traditional Crimean chants. For me SHUM just sounds shouty and unmelodic, so I can't really enjoy any part of the song.

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Dirkje said:

I saw the show and my favorite song was Israel. Glad they went through. Eurovision is about the music and fun, not the politics. And that song was a bop. 

Israel is very good . At first I thought the song was meh, but the live performance  did it for me. I hope they make it into the top 10 in the finals.

Edited by Blown Away
  • paws up 1

Moderator 3,690
4 minutes ago, corvus albus said:

As far as I know 1944 is also a folk song with traditional Crimean chants. For me SHUM just sounds shouty and unmelodic, so I can't really enjoy any part of the song.

The "shouty" vocals are typical of Eastern-European folk music so maybe I've just grown accustomed to it, but I like it in the song. Overall the vibe for me is that I am at a folk music festival rave after midnight.

Popstanne 6,426
4 hours ago, Delusional said:

They said yesterday in a live interview with the BBC Broadcaster that they should be good for Thursday I believe.

That was a member of the Icelandic delegation. Now a member of the band got tested positive. They already confirmed that they're not performing live in Rotterdam. It really sucks :/

• shook 1

The Fame Popster 436
9 hours ago, Joesuda said:

Ukraine had the biggest rise in odds after the first semi-final and now it is #4 to win the whole contest.

Stream the song to celebrate

talent always wins!

O7LpwPd.gif

• yaas, gaga 1

The Fame Popster 485
14 hours ago, corvus albus said:

I really don't get why people like this song :dead:

It sounds like a less good version of 1944 by Jamala with less important lyrics.

The non-slav part of me was like "this is so shrill and weird, ew"
The slav part of me was internally breakdancing. :laughga:

Anyway, I was rooting for N. Macedonia and Azerbaijan getting in, and one of them did, so I suppose I'm happy. I guess.

• yaas, gaga 1

• joesuda changed the title to Eurovision - Semi Final 2 tonight!
Pop-a-911-ster 26,857
x3
44 minutes ago, Blown Away said:

@little legend is there a poll for who we think will make it through the second semi-final too?

I didn't make one cause the first one flopped. I will make a poll about the final tho

• thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 26,857
x3

Why France is falling so much at the betting odds? Switzerland will pass France soon .....

Nooooo France deserves to win:sad:

• lol 1