• Rain On Me (Album Version)
  3. 3. Free Woman

• Free Woman (Demo)
    • Free Woman (Album Version)
  4. 4. Babylon

• Babylon (Haus Labs Demo)
    • Babylon (Album Version)

Popster to Popster 4,583

Considering we have never heard the Stupid Love demo or Babylon Haus Labs version in full those seem moot to me.

The Free Woman demo polished would destroy the one we got.  #JusticeForElecteicDevotion

• paws up 3

Moderator 6,288

The Free Woman demo is just a smash. The ROM demo was flat. I love the album version of Babylon so that's not even a question and I preferred the sound of the first SL demo.

The Fame Popster 371
2 hours ago, NotDoctor said:

Considering we have never heard the Stupid Love demo or Babylon Haus Labs version in full those seem moot to me.

The Free Woman demo polished would destroy the one we got.  #JusticeForElecteicDevotion

Babylon and Stupid Love demos were leaked

ARTPOPster 2,173

I literally don’t get the love for the Free Woman demo at all, other than the bridge it doesn’t feel like it works for the vocals at all except for the chorus, the verses though sound like an unmastered mess and the album version actually fixed the song, it feels like a cinematic experience of her going through New York preaching the lyrics as more and more people follow her till at the end there’s just a giant group of people coming together and being free and healed. That makes the album version sound better to me than that unmastered idea.

As for Babylon, I love both but the Haus Labs Early Version for sure, as soon as I heard it it reminded me of a popular 80’s track that could’ve sounded like it would’ve been huge for MANY years like the many 80’s classics we have, so yes I prefer the 35 seconds of the early version we got over the full album version :oscar:

Edited by ProjectJoanne
  • paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

The Fame Popster 371
57 minutes ago, HeavyMetalLover said:

I don’t generally care about demos. But I just listened to the Free Woman one out of curiosity. It’s fine but the album version is way better/more exciting.

Definitely 

• paws up 1

The Fame Popster 371
43 minutes ago, ProjectJoanne said:

I literally don’t get the love for the Free Woman demo at all, other than the bridge it doesn’t feel like it works for the vocals at all except for the chorus, the verses though sound like an unmastered mess and the album version actually fixed the song, it feels like a cinematic experience of her going through New York preaching the lyrics as more and more people follow her till at the end there’s just a giant group of people coming together and being free and healed. That makes the album version sound better to me than that unmastered idea.

As for Babylon, I love both but the Haus Labs Early Version for sure, as soon as I heard it it reminded me of a popular 80’s track that could’ve sounded like it would’ve been huge for MANY years like the many 80’s classics we have, so yes I prefer the 35 seconds of the early version we got over the full album version :oscar:

I never understood either the hype for Free Woman demo because it sounds like the song doesn't have a chorus...

• thanks 1