So, I just watched Midsommar ...

Lorde Von Kok

Gaming Leader 8,440

398943.jpg

Wow.

Ari Aster truly is the most innovative movie director of our generation. His mind, I'm speechless. I adore his work and I was so shook after Hereditary, I decided to dive into Midsommar. Sweet Jesus, an amazing movie. I'm still on the verge if I liked it more than Hereditary, but it's high up there. The music, the cinematography, the insane attention to details, the performance of the actors, the portrait of mental illnesses, ... I'm left gooped and wanting more from him. I love how even if you watch the trailer, you still end up not knowing what the f- is going on. 

What did you guys think of the movie? Did you liked it, or hated it? Why? 

• paws up 1

The Fame Popster 319

I saw it in theatres while very stoned and literally thought I was going to die from anxiety, because the first half of the movie was so horrifying.

Personally I prefer Hereditary but it was still a pretty great movie and I look forward to Ari Aster’s future movies.

• yaas, gaga 1

Gaming Leader 8,440
5 minutes ago, GagaSine said:

One of my favourite scenes is definitely when the women cry with Dani, I have definitely been that hysterical before lol

That was so powerful. The ending scene also is a strong one for me with the 🔥 and the 💐👗

Popster to Popster 3,752

I've posted many times that I'm too much of a wimp for horror, but Ari Aster seems like he is going to have an amazing career.

He's allegedly working on a "4-hour nightmare comedy" with Joaquin Phoenix based off of his 2011 short film, Beau.

Spoiler

the script actually leaked on Reddit a few months ago and his people had to contact the mods of /r/screenwriting :bradley:

• paws up 1