McDonald’s Speaks Out Against Asian Hate

blastertoyo

RIP Angel 1,992
1 hour ago, SLAG said:

Kudos to them for speaking up. Did something specific happen to motivate this?

Yeah, racism towards Asians increased because of Covid. I wouldn't say it increased, more people just decided to be more blatant about it.

Got into an argument with an American on Facebook after he told me to go back to China.

Spoiler

I am not Chinese. :rip:

Edited by Daylight Jokers
  • paws up 1
  • hugs 4
  • sad 1

ARTPOPster 2,173
10 minutes ago, Daylight Jokers said:

Got into an argument with an American on Facebook after he told me to go back to China.

Hide contents

I am not Chinese. :rip:

That's like telling an American to go back to Brazil :dead:

So stupid, people are stupid, luckily more people are smarter 💙

• paws up 1

Kindness Admin 6,892
6 minutes ago, blastertoyo said:

spacer.png

It’s so terrible. And although not in any way exclusively due to Trump’s rhetoric, but very much encouraged by it. It makes me so depressed knowing how awful people can be. I truly can’t understand it. 

• paws up 1

ARTPOPster 1,319
1 hour ago, admin said:

It’s so terrible. And although not in any way exclusively due to Trump’s rhetoric, but very much encouraged by it. It makes me so depressed knowing how awful people can be. I truly can’t understand it. 

Many of these happened during Chinese New Year too and there were endless online comments shaming companies for acknowledging or participating in the holiday.

vomit puke GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

• hugs 1
  • sad 1

I'm glad but I also find it kind of weird that they've stayed quiet about this for a whole year. If they actually cared wouldn't they have just put this out last year and not just a couple months after the election?

ARTPOPster 1,319
3 hours ago, justhislife said:

I'm glad but I also find it kind of weird that they've stayed quiet about this for a whole year. If they actually cared wouldn't they have just put this out last year and not just a couple months after the election?

This goes beyond the election and is honestly unrelated. 

the influx of hate crimes against Asians in the last month is the biggest reason this is trending in the first place.