Are you tired about the shutdown of nightclubs ?

Miaou

Pop-a-911-ster 26,716

So, in my country the nightclubs are closed since march 2020 aka more than 1 year. 

Personally, the nightclubs are really important for me cause I just love dancing with my friends and having an amazing night. 

It's almost like a therapy cause it's a way for me to forget every problem of my life. 

Since more than a year, this "therapy" is now impossible for me. I can understand the fact that it's difficult even impossible to control a pandemic with the opening of the nightclubs (no masks, people drunk, no social distance possible...etc). 

BUT I just want to express my feeling about this situation. It's long, really long and it feels like a never ending nightmare for me. 

Are you tired about the shutdown of nightclubs or you simply don't care ? 

Discuss 

Edited by Miaou
  • hugs 2

The Fame Popster 485

Personally I don't care since I wouldn't be caught dead in a nightclub, but I understand that some people are upset by the continued closures.

• thanks 1

Kindness Admin 6,892

I miss them dearly and cannot believe I was denied dancing to Chromatica and Future Nostalgia. That said, I don't rely on them as much for my fun and interactions with my friends. Now it's mostly dinners, live entertainment and board games. So it's not the worst for me, but I cannot wait to go and dance :happydance:

Popstanne 5,076
23 minutes ago, calmar said:

Personally I don't care since I wouldn't be caught dead in a nightclub, but I understand that some people are upset by the continued closures.

Same. I'm not a fan of clubs. I love dancing, but for women, dancing in clubs means being ogled by gross men, which I don't enjoy, and straight men have even started hanging out at gay clubs to hit on women. I'd rather have private dance parties in people's homes. 

That said, I am empathetic toward people who miss burning off steam in clubs. 

• hugs 2

ARTPOPster 2,450
1 minute ago, Franch Toast said:

but for women, dancing in clubs means being ogled by gross men, which I don't enjoy, and straight men have even started hanging out at gay clubs to hit on women

God I love being ugly sometimes...this literally never happens to me anywhere :laughga:

30 minutes ago, Miaou said:

It's almost like a therapy cause it's a way for me to forget every problem of my life. 

This is how I felt about concerts and festivals and I panicked when things shut down and didn’t know how I’d be able to handle it :bradley: it’s been surprisingly okay but I’m SO READY for them to come back 

• yaas, gaga 1
  • love 1

The Fame Popster 319

Personally no but I do miss going to concerts and the movie theater. 

I have never enjoyed night clubbing, I am never able to "let go" and enjoy myself, I just feel so painfully self conscious in every moment and it is impossible to enjoy anything, I feel so anxious and stupid no matter how many substances I consume. 

Popstanne 5,076
33 minutes ago, blankpaper said:

God I love being ugly sometimes...this literally never happens to me anywhere :laughga:

This is how I felt about concerts and festivals and I panicked when things shut down and didn’t know how I’d be able to handle it :bradley: it’s been surprisingly okay but I’m SO READY for them to come back 

17 minutes ago, GagaSine said:

Personally no but I do miss going to concerts and the movie theater. 

I have never enjoyed night clubbing, I am never able to "let go" and enjoy myself, I just feel so painfully self conscious in every moment and it is impossible to enjoy anything, I feel so anxious and stupid no matter how many substances I consume. 

I'm eager for concerts/festivals to return and to be able to go to the movie theatre without worry. 

I am far from attractive and have had yucky experiences in clubs, which I think has little to do with looks and more that I seem like an "easy" target. I do like dancing in dive bars though. I just hate the atmosphere of straight nightclubs, plus the drinks are so expensive. I'd rather hang out at a bar with fancy cocktails that you can savor or a dive bar with cheap beer/whiskey and a jukebox and pool table. 

• yaas, gaga 1

ARTPOPster 1,420
2 hours ago, Franch Toast said:

Same. I'm not a fan of clubs. I love dancing, but for women, dancing in clubs means being ogled by gross men, which I don't enjoy, and straight men have even started hanging out at gay clubs to hit on women. I'd rather have private dance parties in people's homes. 

That said, I am empathetic toward people who miss burning off steam in clubs. 

I think I’ve only been to clubs a couple times my whole life. Lol I used to go to bars but I developed a phobia of them because of the reasons you listed. It’s sad that I can’t just enjoy time with friends without being harassed by men.  Now I just enjoy drinks on a patio during the daytime. Lol

• thanks 1

Moderator 4,653

Nah. I dont care for them. 

I do miss theater and concerts though! 

But health first during this pandemic.

• yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 20,782

I miss clubs and concerts so badly, you can just let yourself free, forget all your problems and dance for hours.

I just miss going out in general, doesn’t matter if if i go to a club, to get cocktails on a summer terracce or restaurant :bradley: