Bobby Reflects on BTW

nynj nights

ARTPOPster 1,319

The way none of Bobby’s favorites became a single but all turned out to be fan favorites makes me wonder if the album was just that full of bangers or they made poor single choices, or both 

cuz even the article says only Judas and edge of glory peaked top 10 after born this way 

The Fame Popster 401

"Because she was such a huge household name at the time, part of the strategy in my mind was getting to the different pockets of her audience wherever you could find them. What she did on social kept the fans fueled. And then we sold the album at Whole Foods, Starbucks, there was a Supreme campaign happening, the Google commercial and FarmVille -- if you put all those things on a list together, none of them make sense, but the way we weaved them together, it catered to different folks."

That's one way to put it. 

ARTPOPster 1,476
12 minutes ago, blue said:

"Because she was such a huge household name at the time, part of the strategy in my mind was getting to the different pockets of her audience wherever you could find them. What she did on social kept the fans fueled. And then we sold the album at Whole Foods, Starbucks, there was a Supreme campaign happening, the Google commercial and FarmVille -- if you put all those things on a list together, none of them make sense, but the way we weaved them together, it catered to different folks."

How would you put it?

The Fame Popster 304
45 minutes ago, blue said:

I also didn’t like this,

this shows us that they no longer plan on EVER doing that for her again, or at least the wording comes off like it, it’s like if they truly are trying to establish her as a legacy act now, and she’s not that, she’s still got the Midas touch and the GP in her hands..

The Fame Popster 401
3 hours ago, derpmonster said:

How would you put it?

Overexposure. 

2 hours ago, ProdigyARTPOP said:

I also didn’t like this,

this shows us that they no longer plan on EVER doing that for her again, or at least the wording comes off like it, it’s like if they truly are trying to establish her as a legacy act now, and she’s not that, she’s still got the Midas touch and the GP in her hands..

We dislike it for opposite reasons ;) 

I love an onslaught of direct album marketing (thinking about the BTW subways omg) but brand partnerships rarely excite me. I think artists should be very conscious about how their label/team spends their energy. If your team feels overworked and the GP have tired of you, literally who do brand deals serve?

This is not to discredit the pioneering work Gaga, Bobby and her team did during the BTW era or their approach now with really solid brand partnerships. But still, oreos agreeing to put your face on an oreos box is not a coup! 

Edited by blue
  • paws up 1

Community Leader 2,817
4 hours ago, blastertoyo said:

The way none of Bobby’s favorites became a single but all turned out to be fan favorites makes me wonder if the album was just that full of bangers or they made poor single choices, or both 

cuz even the article says only Judas and edge of glory peaked top 10 after born this way 

They didn’t choose the singles. 

4 hours ago, ProdigyARTPOP said:

I also didn’t like this,

They don't have to. Music was not as social as it is now. People weren't sharing what they were listening to the way they do at this point. Social media marketing has changed the music industry so drastically that they only need to get it in one place, which is on your screen. 

• yaas, gaga 1