Charts Discussion - Dancing to Dawn Of Chromatica

corvus albus

Pop-a-911-ster 28,042
9 minutes ago, Delusional said:

Just hopped on ATRL for the second time since my ban (first time when DuaGate happened) and there’s a thread about Sour Candy being writing camped :billie:

Hasn’t it been known for a long time that Bloodpop reworked some demo and then said Gaga should put a KPOP group on it :dead: 

it’s obvious it wasn’t written by her considering it’s one of the few songs on Chromatica that aren’t talking about her pain but that is not as bad as Rihanna or Britney pls :dead:

it's incredible how so many people pretend they can't see the difference of a couple songs not being written by her and basing her whole career on demos other people wrote. If Bad Romance, Poker Face or Shallow were written by other people I would get the criticism to so extent but Come To Mama? Til It Happens to You? Half of Sour Candy? This is not what makes Gaga the artist she is today by any stretch of the imagination.

OT: About the Friends thingy, I didn't really have any expectations for it but it can't be a bad thing that hundreds of thousands of people that are not actively interested in Gaga will see her :elmo:

Edited by Andreu
  • paws up 3

Moderator 3,690
26 minutes ago, Delusional said:

Pugacheva has sold more than 250 million records - wikipedia

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm

She was the most successful singer in the Soviet Block (the Warsaw Pact countries had a population of 410M in 1985), was deeply loved and had immense popularity. Art and music was consumed in the Union at high rates so of course she has amazing unit sales. 

• paws up 3

A Popster Is Born 13,720
1 minute ago, Joesuda said:

She was the most successful singer in the Soviet Block (the Warsaw Pact countries had a population of 410M in 1985), was deeply loved and had immense popularity. Art and music was consumed in the Union at high rates so of course she has amazing unit sales. 

That's what happens when people can live outside a capitalist bubble and have free time to enjoy all types of art

dn3EyYK.gif

• paws up 2

Moderator 3,690
1 minute ago, danwasd said:

That's what happens when people can live outside a capitalist bubble and have free time to enjoy all types of art

dn3EyYK.gif

Lets not start idealising a union that has caused millions of casualties, repressed minority rights, free speech and has caused my family and my friends families immense personal losses. 

• paws up 3
  • hugs 1
  • thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 13,720
Just now, Joesuda said:

Lets not start idealising a union that has caused millions of casualties, repressed minority rights, free speech

Let's stop eating western propaganda

dn3EyYK.gif

Pop-a-911-ster 28,042
2 minutes ago, danwasd said:

dn3EyYK.gif

but they only had one brand of mayo and they didn't have cocacolas

dn3EyYK.gif

• lol 2

A Popster Is Born 13,720
1 minute ago, Andreu said:

but they only had one brand of mayo and they didn't have cocacolas

dn3EyYK.gif

Thankfully Ms. Borràs is coming to build the Southern USSR

dn3EyYK.gif

Moderator 3,690

Let's stop eating western propaganda

dn3EyYK.gif

Please, my friends grandparents and my relatives were deported 3900 km from their original homes and they had only 15 minutes to pack before they were taken. Food shortages were common, often there wasn't a place to live at. 

• paws up 2
  • shook 1
  • hugs 1
  • love 2

Pop-a-911-ster 28,042

Thankfully Ms. Borràs is coming to build the Southern USSR

dn3EyYK.gif

the dissonance between the subject and the rest of the sentence is... something

Pop-a-911-ster 20,952
3 minutes ago, Joesuda said:

Lets not start idealising a union that has caused millions of casualties, repressed minority rights, free speech and has caused my family and my friends families immense personal losses. 

This.

Every time someone starts idealising the soviet union I think of my family members who lost their lives and loved ones in horrible ways and went through trauma that no one should go through. 

• hugs 1
  • sad 1
  • love 2

Pop-a-911-ster 20,952
3 minutes ago, Delusional said:

My mother had to stand in line for hours to get a loaf of bread, but at least she could enjoy all types of art at the age of 4. 

spacer.png

My grandparents were in line for 25 years to get a housephone :enigma:

• paws up 1
  • shook 1
  • love 1

Moderator 3,690
4 minutes ago, Delusional said:

I’m just surprised because that’s like... a lot of sales :toofunny: 

I mean they are similar with MJ's and the Soviet Block had almost 2x the population of the US

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 13,720

I won't enter in detail, but the failure of the Soviet Union wasn't a consequence of communist policies, but a consequence of IMF's liberal and capitalism policies

dn3EyYK.gif

Once the western literally forced the USSR to implement liberal policies to obtain money from the IMF, the failure began

dn3EyYK.gif

But, yes, the USSR is a clear example of how a centralist and authoritarian left country works. I can argue there're details to improve, but the model per se is not negative

dn3EyYK.gif

OT: Gaga is not promoting Cosmetica so we're discussing politics

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 27,281

"Marry The Night" worldwide sales estimation (in single units):

• Digital sales ~ 1.600.000
  • Physical sales - 20.000
  • Spotify (79M/150) - 530.000
  • YouTube (153M/350) - 440.000 
  • Others (~77M/150) - 510.000

Total ~ 3.100.000

• paws up 5

Pop-a-911-ster 28,042
4 minutes ago, Gagacharts said:

"Marry The Night" worldwide sales estimation (in single units):

• Digital sales ~ 1.600.000
  • Physical sales - 20.000
  • Spotify (79M/150) - 530.000
  • YouTube (153M/350) - 440.000 
  • Others (~77M/150) - 510.000

Total ~ 3.100.000

a hit :oscar:

Pop-a-911-ster 20,952
5 minutes ago, danwasd said:

But, yes, the USSR is a clear example of how a centralist and authoritarian left country works. I can argue there're details to improve, but the model per se is not negative

Forcefully occupying countries to build the biggest country and deporting and killing hundreds of thousands sounds pretty negative to me bestie :katy:

• paws up 3