Charts Discussion - Dancing to Dawn Of Chromatica

corvus albus

Popster to Popster 4,833
On 8/7/2021 at 3:20 PM, Miaou said:

Who? :whatga:

The chart thread in general, even now I remember how there was tons of pages on GGD with many fights that I had to read to get to the actual chart facts here and there, it was wild

• lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 27,940

so apparently the One Last Time shows are gonna air on CBS, which means that and the MTV Unplugged concert are two completely different TV programmes :popcorn: wonder if having two very similar projects will affect their emmy chances

Pop-a-911-ster 27,940
On 8/7/2021 at 3:01 PM, Delusional said:

Don’t submit the mtv fadplugged simple 

I agre ofc, from Gaga's perspective it's easy. But what makes us think MTV will not want to push it?

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 27,153
On 8/7/2021 at 3:00 PM, Andreu said:

so apparently the One Last Time shows are gonna air on CBS, which means that and the MTV Unplugged concert are two completely different TV programmes :popcorn: wonder if having two very similar projects will affect their emmy chances

It'll be a TIE! they'll win TWO!

The Fame Popster 288

I have no idea what the plan is, obviously, and I honestly don't know what type of projects cater more toward the Emmys, but Tony won AOTY in 1994 for his MYV Unplugged album - the last award given before the Grammys began the Blue Ribbon Panels that reviewed voting results for the Big 4 (and others) categories and finalized the noms. Those panels have been removed and poof, we have ourselves a Tony B. MTV Unplugged Album being released...

I really don't see LFS factoring into AOTY (at least a win) despite the obvious narratives, but;

1. MTV Unplugged can be marketed to several audiences; it can be pushed on streaming as a Live Album, bundled with LFS in a box set or compilation, etc.
  2. MTV Unplugged can be submitted (I believe) as a separate project for the album categories at the Grammys (I can't keep up with the dates - is this coming before Oct. 1? No, right?) or at least compete in Best Music Film.
  3. One Last Time would be a tactic more in line with the HSN, Today Show, etc. promo of C2C, geared toward the older audiences; I imagine it is more of a "show" then a concert/live album, and not being pushed as more than maybe a DVD? 

Maybe I'm missing the point, though.

• paws up 2

Pop-a-911-ster 27,940
On 8/7/2021 at 3:18 PM, JustJames said:

MTV Unplugged can be submitted (I believe) as a separate project for the album categories at the Grammys (I can't keep up with the dates - is this coming before Oct. 1? No, right?) or at least compete in Best Music Film

now that you mention it, having one project for this year's grammys and the other for the next ones would be a really intelligent decision, and considering the grammy deadline and the release date for L4s it's totally doable.